Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Six big months



Wow, is McKayters really six months old? (Insert cliche here about how time is flying and I'm getting old).


He's starting to make that moose look small.

Probably the biggest development in McKay's young life is that he has now been introduced to the world of solid food. The first time or two didn't go over so well. He gagged like a bulimic before finally swallowing his rice cereal. Since then, however, he has done much better (maybe he likes oatmeal better?), and he would like to taste anything I put in his mouth. I think he's ready to start on sweet potatoes and squash this week. If I can make it to the grocery store.


He is also sitting up really well, and doesn't usually fall over unless he is pushed. I'm not sure whether he is teething or if he just found his tongue, but he has been making this face all the time.


Carter has been opened to the world of "older sibling," and is always trying to make McKay laugh. It's one of my favorite things right now. I'm so glad these two have each other. They're going to need it if they're going to survive Mommy Kyla...


(A quick Kyla story from today to illustrate the above point. I was mopping the kitchen floor, when I heard Kyla ask Carter, "do you want to play type rope?" I looked up to see the broom balanced between the counter and the island. Carter gave his standard "no," which sounds like "mo," and another catastrophe was avoided.)

This is probably my favorite picture from this month. It was at Damon's soccer game. I love that Jeff and McKay are so engaged. And I love that Carter is watching the soccer game with feigned interest. And I love his blond hair that I buzzed off. Dang me!

5 comments:

Laura said...

ha ha, he is so big! Fun. I bet he is a cuddler.

The Calico Crew said...

For some reason the picture of him eating is my favorite! Maybe it's because I'm a food lover myself? He just looks like a cute chunker! Six months, huh? Shouldn't you be prego again by now? (just teasin' of course!)

Heather B said...

HE LOOKS SO MUCH CHUBBIER!! LOVE that double chin man. Miss those boys. Oh, and Kyla's comment about Jimmer pretty much made my day.

TEAM ALOFIPO said...

the one with his tongue out i actually can see a little damon in him. i think its the round face and eyes!

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

How has it taken me so long to finally tell you how charming your family blog is?!!! Thank you so much for inviting me to it! I am not even remotely surprised that you are an amazing mom and that you have such cute kids (although, how did we get old enough to be mothers?). Anyway, McKay is so cute.