Damon and Allie just finished soccer for the fall. This is Damon's third year playing. He is getting better and really seems to enjoy it. Soccer may just be the sport he sticks with. Allie...well, Allie had fun dressing up in shin guards and cleats and jogging after the ball. But at least she didn't fight me about going.
Between the two of them, we went to 3-4 soccer games a week. It took up a lot of time, and sometimes I did NOT look forward to going. Only because Jeff couldn't make it to some of them and it was hard by myself. Especially if I tried to do something daring, like take a few pictures.
I love this shot of Damon. You can imagine he is the star of the team when you see an action shot like this. I hope he feels that way (although he told me he likes playing defense and is not good at offense).
Allie liked playing goalie. Once I had to untangle her from the net when the rest of the kids were at the other end of the field. That pretty much says it all.
This is the best action shot I could get of her going after the ball. Amazingly, she scored a goal this season. I didn't see it (I wasn't there), but Jeff said she was in the right place at the right time.
What do the rest of us do at the games? Here's a little taste. Kyla looks fabulous. She may have been going clubbing later, I'm not really sure.
Carter wandered around watching all the other kids, usually throwing things in the air to impress them all.
And McKay sucked his thumb. He was usually tired and not especially fond of soccer. But he's a good baby and he puts up with a lot. Just as #5 should.
8 comments:
haha, Kyla going clubbing, I love it! McKay still likes that thumb huh? Cute/funny. Ella has found two of her fingers and loves them. I don't even use binkies anymore. Seriously, McKay looks so much chunkier than the last time I saw him.
kyla's outfit totally made me laugh out loud! i love her!
I'm still not sure how you do the whole "5 thing" but I'm sure you're a fab soccer mom!
Tatum is into basketball (as she should be since she's taller than all the 4th grade boys on her co-ed team...). But Dane has just started soccer and we're beginning the fabulous world of multiple games/week for our kids. Boo. :) Crew is always asking me to "go home..." in a really pathetic whiney voice. And because it's 105 degrees outside, I'm usually whining back... "Mommy go home..."
I feel your pain being a soccer mom. Fortunately here we only have 1 game a week per child since they can play games all year round (although they only go thru mid Nov). I dread having to go to a game by myself and have 3 other little ones doing their mischief.
Oh my heck, that pic of Kyla is hilarious! You are so brave to take 5 kids out and about--I dread taking 3!
kyla is cracking me up.
kyla is cracking me up.
Post a Comment