McKay at 10 months (or 5/6ths). Wow, I can't believe he's almost one! When did he get so big (and other cliches you hear from every mom...)
McKay really has gotten to be so much fun. He thinks he is the biggest boy and wants to eat everything in sight. I found a sticker and a small marble in his diaper yesterday. It makes me wonder what else he has swallowed that I haven't found out. He has gotten a lot of hair recently and I don't know what kind of style we're shooting for. It's not as thin as Damon and Carter's hair, so I'm wondering if he can pull off a longer style. We'll see. I usually go with the small faux hawk to church because I'm not crazy about it when it's just sitting on his head like a bad toupee.
Some things of note: I don't know how much he weighs, as I don't plan to take him into the doctor's office until after he is one (no reason to expose him to more germs than necessary). He's a big boy, though, if not as chubby as his brothers were. He is now in 12-18 month clothes, even if the pants are a little long. 6-12 are just too small.
He still takes two naps a day (one from about 9:30-11:00 and one from 1:00-3:00). He is almost always happy when I go to get him up and is quite content to stay in his crib and play (which I let him do if he wakes up before it's time to get Kyla from preschool).
He drinks 4 8-oz bottles a day and usually eats two meals. He also snacks on anything he can find, and has yet to have a bad reaction to anything (thankfully)! He loves crawling up the stairs, although he hasn't yet figured out how to come back down (which has resulted in some terrifying moments--for him--as he has fallen down 2-3 stairs). He cruises around furniture and just started standing alone. He has gone maybe 5 seconds max, but is always trying to let go when he stands. He figured out his walker toy and will try that for a few seconds before he bails for his preferred method of crawling.
After a bad December (never ending diaper rash and colds which caused some other weird rash on his face), he is doing better in January. Except for the runny nose that scabbed over and bled every time someone wiped it. That was bad. He finally has healed from that, though, and is back to looking presentable in public.
He is always babbling, and can repeat sounds (his favorite being "mama."). He can wave hello and good-bye and loves the attention he gets when he does so. He still has no teeth (although his bottom gums are starting to look a little swollen, so I think they may be coming). He is in size 4 diapers (same as Carter), which is really nice. He also finally stopped leaking and blowing out the back, so maybe I had him size 3 for too long.
He loves to take baths and recently was introduced to the shower, which he doesn't mind. I tried to get a shot of the boys and their cute bums, but they are so busy that they were never standing still for long. This was the best I got.
Carter LOVES him. Truly, and he is always excited to see him when he gets up from his naps (and Carter will frequently tell me "Shh! Bubba's sleeping!"). One of my favorite sounds is to hear the boys laughing together when we are in the car and no other kids are around. It makes the 13.5 month age gap a little more appealing. Carter posed them for this picture. So sweet.
And here's a cuter one of their sweet faces.
I decided that I wanted to make McKay a rag quilt, as he is my last baby and I have never made anything for any of them (okay, I did make a crib skirt for Carter, so that's not entirely true. I never made anything for them that they could take and use). It was also my value project for Divine Nature (and definitely took more than 10 hours to complete!).
This was a good project for me to do. It was easy enough that I could manage without pulling my hair out (although difficult enough to teach me some good patience. And seam ripping skills). And it's a very forgiving project, hiding a lot of the imperfections that I ended up with. Really, I love it, and I wish I had made one for all my kids. Maybe it's not too late! If I find some flannel and batting on sale, maybe I'll make one for the other four! Here's a close up.
Carter turns two next week and then we will start our season of birthdays! McKay is March 17, Allie is April 30, Kyla is May 24 and Damon is July 2. Should make for a fun few months around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment