Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2011 Recap

1. What did you do in 2011 that you’ve never done before? Drove to St. George with my five kids. Without Jeff. It actually didn't go too badly.

2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year? Not so great. I have a post just about this very topic to come.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? I did and Heather did. 

4. Did anyone close to you die? no

5. What countries did you visit? none. Boo. We did go to Hawaii for a week, though. That was worth noting.

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? More peace in our home.

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched in your memory and why? March 17th, when McKay was born. He came out covered in green poop and we laughed because he was "dressed" for St. Patrick's Day!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Making the transition to five kids. It was a rough few months.

9. What was your biggest failure? Nothing major, thankfully.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing of note. Carter did spend another 2 nights in the hospital in February for croup, but hopefully that will be the last one for a while!

11. What was the best thing you bought? The Sit and Stand stroller.

12. Where did most of your money go? loans, house payment and this year we added a practice payment! In six and a half years, the ortho loans will be paid off. That will be amazing.

13. What did you get really, really, really excited about? March Madness with Jimmer and BYU. Wow, that was fun!

14. Happier or sadder? I would say happier. I really am content with my life.

15. Thinner or fatter? Thinner. Still trying to get back to my pre-pre-pregnancy weight, but coming along.

16. Richer or poorer? Richer. Still not "rich" by any sense of the word, but we are doing fine.

17. What do you wish you’d done more of? Writing

18. What do you wish you’d done less of? Stressing

19. How did you spend Christmas? With my family. Christmas Eve with the Trapnell's, Christmas morning with my husband and kids and the rest of Christmas break with the Esplin's. Perfect!

20. Did you fall in love in 2011? Yeah, with my two bubbas, Carter and McKay.

21. What was your favorite TV show? Our favorite new show is Person of Interest. I also love Once Upon a Time, but Jeff isn't sold on it. 

22. What was the best book you read? I read 40 books this year. My goal was 50. I need to pick it up a little!

The best book I read was the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. The best YA books I read were Matched by Ally Condie and Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool. The best non-fiction book I read was Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua (for how thought provoking it was. Not because I agree with her methods).

23. What was your greatest musical discovery of 2011? Adele. 

24. What did you want and get?  A bike and a bike trailer for Christmas! Wow, that was a surprise!

25. What did you want and not get? Central vac and water softener. Again. But they should be soon, as we'll be finishing our basement this year.

26. What was your favorite film this year? The Help. It was so good. And Harry Potter 7.2. It was really a great way to say good-bye.

27. What did you do on your birthday? Dinner at Happy Sumo with my SIL's, Breaking Dawn preview with Jeff and his staff, Coldstone ice cream cake. Ahhhh.

28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? For those people that I love not to have to struggle so much. Same answer as last year.

29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Hand me downs from my SIL. 

30. What kept you sane? Facebook and blogging.

31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Emily from the Bachelor (I really couldn't think of one, so that's better than no answer at all).

32. What political issue stirred you the most? Romney being attacked for being a Mormon, and therefore, not a Christian. The political battles are just beginning!

33. Who did you miss? My brother, Jonny. Less than one month left!

34. Who was the best new person you met? McKay

35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011. It is so important to have hope. People you love will disappoint you, and make choices that you know are going to deeply affect their life. But you can't ever, ever give up hope. It's never too late to do the right thing. 

36. What songs will always remind you of 2010? Adele's "Rolling in the Deep," "Someone Like You;"  Lady Gaga's "Edge of Glory" (song of the year IMO), "You and I;" "Good Life" by One Republic, "Tonight Tonight" by Hot Chelle Ray, "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO, "Firework" by Katy Perry, "Super Bass" by Nicki Minaj,  "Grenade" by Bruno Mars, "If I Die Young" by the Band Perry, "Price Tag" by Jessie J and "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz.

37. When you think about 2011 what sticks out in your mind? Going crazy with all these kids! 

38. Best moment of 2011? When McKay was born, safe, without a C-section, and we saw that he was a boy. A perfect way to complete our family.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Loved reading this - great review.

Heather B said...

Hey, how did I not know about the bike/trailer? How fun!!