Christmas cards are addressed and waiting to be stamped (something Damon has requested that he be in charge of). We opted for picture #1, with Damon and the "head tilt." Because I had to crop the last one (the one, I was informed, that was best of me), it wouldn't fit on a 4X8 Wal-mart card. We'll be getting it in an 8x10, though, so thank you all for your help. I ended up choosing the first one because I love the fact that you can see the river in the background and Damon's pose is just so him. I think I will look back in 20 years and remember exactly how he is today.
We've been fighting a bit of a cold bug, although Zicam has shortened it for me (love that stuff!). I suspect Allie has an ear infection, and will be visiting the doctor tomorrow morning (ibuprofen is her friend).
Jeff stayed with the kids on Saturday so I could go to Orlando and see my friend sealed to her husband and daughter. I went with two other friends and we did a session before the sealing. It was a great, great day and exactly what I needed.
Allie has given up pull-ups at night (she still only wakes up dry about one in five mornings), which has increased my laundry tremendously. But I'm willing to give it a try and see if she can figure it out. She asked if she could feed Kyla, and I told her if she stayed dry all day she could do it. It was a rousing success. When she woke up dry this morning, she asked to feed Kyla again. How could I say no? I love how she asks, "you don't like it?," when she is clearly gagging the poor girl.
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting
When I was putting the pics on the computer today, there were a few video clips that Allie had clearly taken herself. One is of the ceiling after she had set the camera on the counter. I watched the whole thing, listening to hear what was going on. Eventually my voice is heard, but all I do is ask her if she's gassy and tell her to wash her face and hands. Not the gem I was hoping for. It does explain why the Kyla clip is blurry--Allie's peanut butter hands had been handling the lens.
One funny thing--Allie saw something that she thought was pretty impressive. "Holy..." she started, then struggled to find a way to finish her sentence. I was expecting "smokes," "cow," or even "mackeral," as Damon has been known to say. Instead, she said exuberantly, "Holy Ghost!" That one made me laugh. Okay, time to go check something else off the list. But first I will add "blog about random happenings" to the list. Just so I can check it off...
8 comments:
Oh man--I Love that video, it made me laugh to see Allie trying to wipe the baby food off of Kyla's face, running the spoon all the way up her face!!
SO CUTE! I love the video clip. I'm glad Allie will stay dry for the privilege.
I know how you feel about getting to the to-do list.
Oh geez...your kids are awesome.
What a cutie patootie!
How far away is the Orlando temple to you?
What a good Mom to let your toddler feed your little baby! Allie has obviously watched you and is so cute trying to clean off Kyla's face with the spoon but usually just spreading the food around more!
Good luck getting all your stuff done! Lauren and I leave for Mesa this weekend and I have just given up on getting everything done (especially since she has been sick the last 3 days and I have gotten nothing done). I am really bummed to be missing 259 sing though. I got an email about tickets going on sale but it is the night before I get into town. It would have been fun to see Jeff and everyone. Are you guys staying in FL this year?
That was fun! Kason actually sat here and watched it with me and then wanted to watch it again. I tried to point out how great that was that Allie was helping feed her sister, since Kason would never help do it back when Aubrey was eating cereal. He said her food was too gross!:)
Great post. Holy Ghost!
Your pictures are so cute. We are attempting the family pic today...I usually have to bribe each one of them (including Kyle!) to even take one. Ahhh...Christmas spirit...where are ye?
Allie is such a good little helper. I need one of those :)
The temple trip was just what I needed too. So good!
Post a Comment