Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Nothing Much

Our camera is recovering from a recent bout with condensation, and I haven't taken many pictures lately, so when I was thinking about what I wanted to post, I didn't have many visuals to inspire me. Instead, you get this.

Damon and Allie have been banned from the tub until after Christmas. You may recall the "Single Mom Sunday Incident" when they filled the tub to overflowing. They were actually grounded from the tub even then, but since they have been unable to keep the water where it belongs, they are only allowed to take showers. They have gotten very good at it, and I only have to stick my head in for a minute to wash hair and soap bodies and they can take care of the rest.
Kyla, my sweet untainted one, is still allowed to take baths. Although, she doesn't mind the occasional shower. The other night just so happened to be both a shower and bath night for the kids, and I asked them to pose next to the tub. Damon's plan for the shot was to have everyone open their towels, exposing their "goods," and to make silly faces. I chose a more conservative pose.
"Who's ready to get up?" Look closely, and you can see Kyla raising her hand in the affirmative.
And for any of you who are interested in what Kyla is doing now, you can watch this clip. It's not very exciting and I won't be mad if you skip it (I won't know anyway). She has developed a touch of stranger anxiety and prefers me to anyone else (I don't mind that at all). She kicks her legs when she thinks I'm going to pick her up, which you can see here. She also can move herself around fairly well, when she's not lying on three inches of memory foam, although she can only go backwards or in circles.


5 comments:

Heather B said...

Wow, Kyla will be crawling soon, huh? That leg kicking is adorable. Damon wants to flash the camera, huh? Hilarious!!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Loved damon's ideas to expose the goods! I laughed so hard! That was so funny! Love the pictures and the video was darling!

Holly Woolsey said...

Your kids are darling. They all have such cute smiles!

Lisha said...

That is a super cute picture of the kids in their towels. I love that they are banned from the tub. I should consider that option! Kyla's video was cute. I feel bad watching her try with all her might to turn over. Poor thing on memory foam!:)

Lindsay said...

How adorable! Kyla looks like she's along for the ride with her big sister and big brother in the towel picture! They're all so cute! I be they try to take her everywhere! What sweet kids!