It's just as likely that I would have gone into education anyway, and tried to get a job coaching basketball (or another sport). I'm sure that's no surprise. I love sports. I think I would be a good coach. Sometimes I tell Jeff that when our kids are older I would like to volunteer my services at the junior high or high school. Who knows..
I actually haven't given it a lot of thought. It's hard to say exactly what I would be doing if I wasn't currently "employed" as a mom. But I do know what I WOULDN'T be doing:
1. I wouldn't be wiping the same high chair tray eighteen times a day.
2. I wouldn't find myself singing songs made famous by The Backyardigans.
3. I wouldn't be performing the "smell test" on clothes that weren't my own (you know the test, where you sniff an article of clothing to see if it is clean or needs to be washed).
4. I wouldn't find myself using made up words like, "kuh-kuh (meaning yucky)," "num-num (meaning food)," or "night-night (meaning bed time)."
5. The names Damon, Allie and Kyla wouldn't mean anything to me.
6. I wouldn't eat fish sticks more than once every six months.
7. I wouldn't know that nystatin, benadryl and motrin can cure most anything.
8. I wouldn't dig through nostrils not belonging to me to pull boogers out.
9. I wouldn't know how to get baby poop and spit up stains out of my clothes.
10. I wouldn't appreciate Jon and Kate Plus 8.
11. I wouldn't spend half my day in the kitchen.

12. I wouldn't wake up to the sound of little voices long before morning.
13. I wouldn't be doing laundry every couple days.
14. I wouldn't look down at my chest and try to remember what it was like to have one.
15. I wouldn't envy the animal world and their lightning quick pregnancies.
16. I wouldn't get to read "Little Miss Contrary" over and over and over again.
17. I wouldn't get to watch "High School Musical" over and over and over again.
18. I wouldn't have a reason to go to Chuck E Cheese.
19. I wouldn't get nearly as much free candy on Halloween.
20. I wouldn't be having nearly as much fun as I am now...
What WOULDN'T you be doing?
9 comments:
I wouldn't be wishing I could go on a date with my husband knowing we can't because babysitters cost a fortune.
I wouldn't be wishing I could have a shower by myself just once in a while.
I wouldn't make friends as easily because it is so easy to make friends when you have kids and someone else has kids.
I wouldn't get to hear "I love you mom" when I put my kids to bed.
I wouldn't be wondering what I would be doing!
I'd probably be a hair dresser.
and I think I would be sad I didn't have children.
*** I love Jon & Kate plus 8...he totally reminds me of Jason. She reminds me of what i USED to be like...I've chilled CONSIDERABLY!
I love your posts, so clever! I am also fascinated with the medical field. Have you been watching Hopkins the ABC documentary? I just recently read two amazing books written by Atul Gawande who is a surgeon, "Better" and "Complications". I think you would really like them.
This is going to take some thought....but honestly, the first thing that comes to mind is, I probably wouldn't be reading this blog. I'd be too busy wishing I had something great to blog about.
Brad and I were having this conversation the other day so I loved reading this post! I laughed so hard at the chest part, I can relate!! Brad said if he wasn't a dad he would be a rancher and I would be on broadway!!! What I wouldn't be doing is looking at a house that I just cleaned that now looks like a tornado with jelly smeared against my hallway because Luke decided to touch the walls all the way to the bathroom to wash his hands!! What I wouldn't be doing is unbuttoning my pants because I am in between regular jeans and maternity clothes and NOTHING fits!!!
I wouldn't be getting up at the crack of dawn, that's for sure.
NO KIDDING on that high chair tray thing! Sheesh!
i love #8!
Great post Krystal, so creative.
I loved this post. I am going to have to steal some of your post ideas.
Post a Comment