Thursday, July 10, 2008

We're havin' us a weddin'!

Tonight, Kyla and I were witness to one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. I knew it would be good when Damon announced that he and Allie would be getting married, but I didn't know the treat we were in for once the "wedding" actually happened.
Damon and Allie changed into their wedding attire. Allie faced a problem I'm sure we all had to deal with on our own wedding day--the purple dress she had wanted to wear was giving off a "uriney" smell, and she had to go with her second choice, her beautiful blue dancing dress. She wiped some of the spaghetti sauce off her face, and put flowers behind her ear so she could look "beautifuller and beautifuller." Damon talked her into wearing sandals, as she had decided to go barefoot after only one of her pink sparkly flip flops was located. She picked several flowers from grandma's garden (don't tell!) for a bouquet and waited for instructions on how to proceed.

Damon chose to wear a long-sleeved blue shirt and blue pants, and was mildly frustrated when he learned that his ties had been left in St. George. He managed to get over it, though, and excitedly put on his own belt, socks and shoes. He was heard to say, "I love marriages!" I hope he feels the same 20 years from now. He was ready well before Allie was (imagine that!). I was shown to my seat, camera in hand, anxious to see what the "wedding" would entail.
Then, the fun started. Because I had been deemed photographer, there was no one to act as minister (or justice of the peace, or whatever they were going for). I gave minimal direction, but most of this was straight from their imagination.
Damon waited for his bride

She came down the aisle


They faced each other


They told each other they loved each other and kissed

They hugged

They kissed again

They held hands and walked past me

And that was that. I wiped tears from my eyes (from all the quiet laughing I had been doing), and thanked them for letting me be a part of that. Damon assured me that they were "really married" and then they proved it by fighting with his new "bride" only minutes later.

20 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is the cutest thing EVER! They're so CUTE!!! Great pictures!

Holly Woolsey said...

Oh my goodness! This is the cutest post! I couldn't quit smiling through the whole thing! How cute they came up with this and actually put so much work into getting ready for it! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh mylanta....that was hilarious! What a wedding. I love Damon waiting for his bride! SOOOOO cute! And kudos to Allie pants for giving into the blue dress and no shoes! See...slowly but surley coming out of the 2sies! ;)

Laurie said...

Love it, love it, love it. So great that you have it all recorded(for posterity)!

Morgan said...

That is too too funny!! :)

Sarah said...

That is so sweet. I love that they knew just what to do.

I am Laura said...

Very cute hope this attraction doesn't continue on into adulthood. No really it is so cute.

Becky Seymour said...

HOw adorable is that entire story! Absolutely priceless that is all I can say. I will have to see you when you are here again. Love ya

Greg and Tammy said...

Greg and I were sitting here bored on a Saturday morning and I thought to myself "Let's check out the Trapnell blog, they ALWAYS have a good story" and BOY WAS I RIGHT!!! Hysterical. Congrats on the inter-familial inter-faith inter-sibling marriage. You and Jeff must be VERY proud. Reminds me of my Kentucky roots. Damon must have caught wind of these types of marriages upwind in Ohio.

jaesi said...

Heeeeelarious!
The last sentence is the bestest part :)

Dehner Family said...

What a crack up. That is so sweet I could just die.

Heather said...

Fantastic! I love all the planning that went into that wedding. Thank goodness they hired a photographer!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

SOOOO dang cute! I love that you documented every second of it!! he he :)

brit said...

Having met these kids now, I am appreciating this story BEYOND BELIEF! How do you not spend all day just kissing and hugging these kiddies? SO ADORABLE!

Brian Adair Fam said...

That is the funniest thing EVER!!! I love how you were deemed the photographer and they took care of everything themselves!! :0) Seriously, the imaginations of these kiddos!!! Love it!

By the way, congrats on your move. Good luck with the practice. I have family down there and we'll have to see you guys the next time we're there. I'm also really glad that you're able to be together as a family!! That would have been so hard for me to handle!! Great job surviving it all! :0)

Britain said...

That is so cute. I bet Damon sure is glad she didn't wear the purple dress. :)

Denise said...

So funny and so cute!

Holly Wilcox said...

So funny! I laughed the entire time reading. Congrats on being a "family" again and being finished with school!

lisa h. said...

wow, that is really funny! i'm glad you were included as photographer!

Jessica Law said...

I definitely wish I could have been there for the ceremony. I'm sorry their Dad wasn't there to see such an important event.

Looks like ya'all are having fun back in your homebase of Utah. I will continue to drop ya'all as often as I can so you don't loose it yourself. Miss you and thanks for the key to the car.