Things I am Excited About:
1. The Olympics (just 11 days!). In HD. Can't wait!
2. Jeff told me Saturday that he only has to work today and tomorrow and has the rest of the week off, and he wants to go camping near St. George, which means I get to go visit my family for 5 days!
3. The fact that Jeff has a real job and gets days off. That's sure nice!
4. It's nearly August, which means Breaking Dawn is oh-so-close to being in stores!
5. Damon is already in St. George (he went down with my sister last night), so I only have two kids to take care of!
Second, the kids are doing great.
DAMON: Latest loves include: High School Musical (he told me the other day, "I wish Vanessa's real name was Gabriella."), Sugarland's "All I Want to Do," collecting rocks, hiking (he hiked the Y again last weekend with Jeff), riding his bike, playing with legos, and watching Tom and Jerry.

Jeff's list of things he wants Damon to avoid: High School Musical, songs by women, watching So You Think You Can Dance, combing My Little Pony's hair, using words like "pretty" and "beautiful" when describing anything, and wearing Allie's dancing dresses. We sure love our Damon and hope that he continues to be "well-rounded," as opposed to Jeff's term, "sissy."
ALLIE" Latest loves include: Care Bears and ponies, "Bleeding Love," "Should've Said No," helping me cook dinner, and looking gorgeous.

Allie has gotten much easier the past couple of months. She still has her fits (like when I comb her hair or for no reason at all), but is such a pleasant, happy girl 75% of the time. I can't believe I am actually saying this, but it is true. She is night time potty trained finally, and is getting better at obeying. She has discovered that she can "read" books and asked today to go to the library to get some "reading rainbows." We love our Allie!

KYLA: Latest loves include: eating, bananas (she loves them so much they are a separate category), dancing, animals, getting into everything, and eating some more.

Just as Allie has gotten easier, Kyla has gotten harder. She suddenly has an attitude and throws fits when she doesn't get what she wants. She cries MUCH more than she ever has (I told Jeff that she is such a happy girl when she isn't tired or hungry. She seems to be tired and hungry all the time!). She has five teeth, but they are taking their sweet time coming in. She signs a little, but has started talking more. She now can say, "baby," "Allie," "all done," "hot," "more," "me," and "kuh kuh." She is now trying to run, as walking isn't fast enough, and I love to see her getting those little (well, big) legs moving. She has grown very attached to her cow and cries when it's time for bed and he can't be found. She knows a few body parts, but routinely sticks her finger in her ear before guessing elsewhere. We love our Ky Ky, but hope her crankiness is due to teething and that she'll go back to being our sweet little girl soon.

Lastly, I am excited for the fall tv schedule. Particularly, I am excited for The Office, Pushing Daisies (the best new show from last season), and The Amazing Race. Plus, in January we get American Idol and the last 13 episodes of Scrubs. Awesome! Jeff can't wait for college football. Seriously. If that was all that was on tv, he would be happy. He's easy to please. I need to take some pics of him. Look forward to that!
6 comments:
Damon is cute. We always say we need to toughen James up because he likes dolls, putting on ally's pretty dress ups and he cries and screams more than any girl I know, but maybe we just think they should be tougher than they are. We are just raising boys that will be great sensitive husbands one day. Right?
I liked pushing daisy's too. Always love a show that is a bit different. I also can't wait until Big Love and of course LOST are back too.
Funny that Kyla and Kalia would fall madly in love with bananas at the same time. (Did they just get tastier or something?) That's so great that Allie is getting happier. Kalia is getting moodier too...but still only 2 teeth. Damon is being GREAT here in St. George, and has been such a great helper with Kalia, I think I'm tkaing him home with me. Can't wait to see ya!
the rest of the week off huh? those orthos sure know how to work!!!
love your kids.
First of all, I too am so excited for Breaking Dawn too!!!!!
On another note, Damon is adorable! I love "So you think you can dance!" He seems perfectly poised to become a dancer someday! He is too cute!
How fun for you and your kids to be back in Utah close to family. I know my boys wish we lived closer to their cousins. You have very cute kids. Hopefully I will get to see you at the reunion.
Did you know I have a blog? Tell that Heather sister of yours to add me to her blog list too...
Post a Comment