Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Reunited!

We're back together. Our family, that is. We were reunited on July 3, and my body celebrated my contracted pink eye. I'm sure Jeff found that very attractive, as I could barely open my eye, and when I did, it oozed and watered continuously. But a quick course of antibiotic eye drops cleared it right up, and I only had to endure three days of wearing Jeff's glasses (explanation: we have the same prescription in one eye and the other eye is pretty close. Neither of us have gotten a new pair of backup glasses in at least four years and mine were broken beyond repair. Jeff's are missing one arm, which I taped back on with masking tape.). It was a good look. But I'm glad to be through with it.

Damon got to do something he had been dying to do since he learned it was a possibility: he hiked the Y. Jeff said he did great, and even asked to do it again when they got to the bottom. I love that he is old enough to do fun things with his daddy, and I'm sure it made Jeff happy, too.



They are on the Y--that's not snow.
Jeff started his first day as an orthodontist yesterday. I am so proud of him, I can't even begin to describe the feelings I have inside. He has been in school since we met nine years ago (minus one year when he worked for his brothers making teeth models, and made a whopping $12,000. All year.), and has finally come to the end of his education. Now things get real. And real scary. The stakes are higher now, as he gets ready to buy an ortho practice (his plan is to buy the Provo office from his brother in two years), as we start the process of looking for the house we will raise our kids in, and student loans start coming due. It makes me a little sick inside when I think about all the money that entails. But I am optomistic that we will be alright. It's probably a good thing that we are both nervous. Hopefully that will help us be smart and careful in our decisions.
It's great to be back together, and back in our own space. We even have internet down here in the basement, which will make life so much easier. I am itching to get a library card, but the one piece of "official mail" that I got has disappeared and I don't know if I can get one without something else coming. Hopefully that will be soon. I'll have more later (including Damon's sixth birthday) when I get some pics from the Esplin fam.
It's good to be back!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys are back together! I know that feeling. Good luck in finding a home. You guys are smart and cautious....not to mention you have the Lord looking out for you! ;)

Lisha said...

What an exciting time in your life! Good luck with all the upcoming decisions!

Boo and Sara said...

I know the feeling of being reunited with "daddy". Congratulations on being done with school, what a neat accomplishment for you guys. Good luck with all of your upcoming decisions. :)

Heather B said...

WAY cute pictures of Damon! He's done something that i haven't even done, wowee! Tell him good job for me. And internet in the basement...wonderful!

Shannon Sundberg said...

We are so excited to have you guys living so close. Can't wait to get together to catch up! Congrats to Jeff. What an accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

Student loans...ahhhhhhhhh!!!! They are the constant thorn in my side. But glad you all are reunited!

Denise said...

What an amazing sight -- to be at the end of the road that you've been on for so long and finally done with school. Good luck getting settled into "real life." It's fun to see the pics of the Y.

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

I am impressed that Damon hiked all the way to the Y with Jeff! And YEAH for Jeff being all done and back in Utah with you for good! Wow - you are now part of the "real world"! No more student life for you. We can't wait to join you in the real world next year!

Greg and Tammy said...

You mean we are going to have to visit Provo again to get Emma's braces put on? GEEEEEEEEEEEZ. Good luck to Jeff (and the rest of the Trap fam) embarking into real life with real work. Greg misses his school days like CRAZY. I don't. And yes, we feel your pain with the student loans. UGH.

jakenapril said...

Looks like the boys had a fun day...and congrats to Damon because I think in all the years in the UC, I never did hike the Y. Shame on me, I know, but maybe I'll have to put it on my list of things to do. Hooray for being reunited and in Utah...where to now? We'll have to get together sometime...