Monday, March 16, 2009

Verbage

Fun fill-in-the-blank I found on Kristen's blog!

1. I love
Reese's peanut butter eggs. Yummy.
2. I fear that we may not have any more babies, and not by my choice.
3. I crave a good book. I'm always on the lookout for something life-changing.
4. I dislike spending money, especially on things like library fines and school fundraisers.
5. I honor the weather in St. George. That's a fancy way of saying I worship the sun.
6. I discontinue watching LOST. I just got a bit too confused. I also try to discontinue Gossip Girl. We'll see how successful that attempt is.
7. I require a lot of sleep. As neither a morning or night person, I could go to bed early and get up late. This changes when I have a new baby, though, and find myself running on fumes most of the first month or so.
8. I refuse to buy a house just because we are anxious to move out. I want to make sure we are getting the right house.
9. I think far more than I actually say out loud.
10. I perceive the world to be a very good place, and am probably far too trusting of other people. It would be my downfall should I ever go on Survivor.
11. I disengage when faced with conflict. I would rather back down that have a fight.
12. I reject whining and tearful manipulation from Kyla. Okay, sometimes I give in. I'm trying, though.
13. I loathe cats.
14. I worry that if I nurse another baby, my chest may shrink even more, and I will no longer require the use of a bra.
15. I enjoy March Madness, and look forward to it all year long.
16. I contemplate cutting my hair off. I contemplate more about cutting Allie's hair off.
17. I cherish friendship and have been blessed with some amazing friends throughout the years. I love you all!
18. I pray that I will be a better mom, knowing my kids only get one.
19. I value reliability, and try to be the kind of person other people can rely on.
20. I instigate date night by getting a baby sitter. Not often enough.
21. I mock Jeff for getting the lyrics wrong on countless songs. It started way back when we were dating and he would sing, "A little bit of mardi gras in my life," to Mambo Number Five.
22. I regard my mom as one of the most righteous people I know.
23. I struggle with Allie. Daily. Over many things, especially combing her hair.
24. I respect women who choose to give birth naturally, without pain meds, of their own volition. After having done it myself (without choosing it), I don't know that I would ever want to do it again.
25. I wonder how my kids are going to turn out. The possibilities are limitless and I am excited to watch them grow into adulthood. Okay, and a little scared, too.
26. I look forward to having a house of our own. While I am enjoying the many perks of living with the in-laws, I know we won't feel truly settled until we are in our own home.
27. I treasure time spent with my family. Even Allie. :)

Here is the list if you want to copy it yourself
1. I love
2. I fear
3. I crave
4. I dislike
5. I honor
6. I discontinue
7. I require
8. I refuse
9. I think
10. I perceive
11. I disengage
12. I reject
13. I loathe
14. I worry
15. I enjoy
16. I contemplate
17. I cherish
18. I pray
19. I value
20. I instigate
21. I mock
22. I regard
23. I struggle
24. I respect
25. I wonder
26. I look forward to
27. I treasure

8 comments:

Heather B said...

Funny about the nursing! No kidding! No fun. But you really need to get on a game show. any one. You would be great. I loathe cats too. I saw the funniest video on Ellen- someone tried to put a leash on a cat and take it for a walk, but every time they started to walk the cat would just lie down and play dead, and make the owner drag it. Funniest thing I've ever seen. Stupid cat.

Angie said...

This was fun to read. I may have to try it sometime. Your last post about Allie's dance class was hilarious! I loved the videos!

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh...good list. I am totally doing this--it's a good activity for my lifeless brain. Very interesting! You know that I want a house, too, and we stopped watching Lost because it was too frustrating. And I love Reese's PB eggs! I should make some homemade ones for you to try. Sooo yummy.

K Western said...

Loved reading this and learning more about you! I have felt like #2 these past three years and still worry about this pregnancy.

I loved reading about your cruise vacation. Looks like it was wonderful!! We have been wanting to go, but it's never quite become a reality.

Cute videos of Allie and her dances. I have a friend in CA whose daughter was just like that. She refused, cried, and completely fell apart when it was time to go on stage and perform. That's great you got it on video, so you can show it to her when she gets older.

Morgan said...

#10 was for some reason my favorite!

Heather said...

A great exercise. I'd like to do this one.

Denise said...

I liked this one and enjoyed learning more about you. That post about Allie was funny. It reminds me a lot of Calvin. Sometimes he is happy other times he is crazy. I never know which Calvin is going to be with me. Allie is darling!

Holly Woolsey said...

I love this! I think I want to do it, but I'm going to have to think about it a bit! Good answers! I definitely agree with you on many!