Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Home for all Seasons

Right now the temperature is 37 degrees. And it's April 28th. Yesterday it was in the mid 70's (although very windy). I'm not loving spring in northern Utah. Jeff told me he was loving the weather we have had lately (gasp!) and I told him truthfully that I would be happy to have 2 rainy days a month, and the rest of the rain could occur during the night. Seriously, I'm a sunshine girl.

We once had a discussion about where we would live during the different seasons. And since I have lived in four very different places in my life, I feel like I have come up with the perfect combination.

During SPRING, I would definitely live in Jacksonville. The weather is gloriously beautiful, you can visit the beach, and play outside constantly without feeling like you've just stepped out of the sauna.

During SUMMER, I would opt for Orem. I love that it's hot enough to swim, yet cool enough in the shade to sit outside and watch the kids wear themselves out.

During FALL, I would live in Columbus. There is just nothing like the beauty of the leaves changing and the slight chill in the air. Not to mention football season. Fall in Ohio nearly makes up for the horror that is the other three seasons of the year.

And during WINTER, I would live in St. George. Cool enough to need a jacket, and close enough to play in the snow, without having to shovel or drive in it.

What about you? Where would you live if you could relocate each season?

6 comments:

Greg and Tammy said...

Hawaii. All 4 seasons.

Heather B said...

Haha! Yes, Tammy! Actually, when we lived there, I really started to miss the coolness of fall, and the colored leaves. So I would say Winter: Gilbert, AZ- we wore short sleeves most of the time and played at parks every day. Snow is 2 1/2 hours away. Fall: Orem or Provo. Spring and Summer: Hawaii. (That really is our dream, to one day spend every summer in our second home in Hawaii. Then the kids don't miss out on major holidays with family, and they don't have to be students at the horrendous Hawaiian public schools.) I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU GUYS ARE AT 37 DEGREES TODAY. BIZARRE!

jaesi said...

spring- south carolina-gorgeous blossoms

summer- nebraska-mild temps

fall- virginia- beautiful fall foilage

winter- st george- just as you said no SNOW.

The Papa's said...

Since I've only lived in 2 different places I don't have much to choose from. Although I've been to Hawaii, so I'll throw that in because I HAVE to. ;) Here goes:

Winter-St. George
Spring-Cali, preferably in a different area that we lived!
Summer-Hawaii-I absolutely HATE St. George summers. Or possibly Cali, which is where we lived for a year.
Fall-New England. Dan is dying to take me back to see the gorgeous fall colors.

Laura said...

I LOVED fall in Ohio!!!!! Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I've actually lived quite a few different places, so it might be hard to narrow it down.

Spring: Indiana. I love the spring thunderstorms and the smell of all the luscious fresh-cut grass.

Summer: New Jersey because I love love love the boardwalk summers and beaches, and the option to have a summer night ferry ride to the city. (It's also gorgeous in the fall, too.)

Fall: Indiana again! I have wonderful memories of jumping in the large leaves from all the gigantic Buckeye trees at my grandma's house and wrapping up in blankets at the football games. Columbus is also an option, but I love Indiana more.

Winter: Houston. Not only do I love Mexican food, but I love seeing green grass in December, and the weather is perfect. I would also pick San Diego.