Man, life is busy. I thought the summer would be relaxing, but it's not. It's just as busy as ever. And time is flying by. This handsome fella is now five months old.

We went in for his four month appointment this week. A month late. That's how busy we have been. I was extremely curious to find out how much this little porker weighs, because he has been causing cramps in my left arm for weeks as I tote him about. He weighed 18 lb 10 oz. Yep, he's a big boy, just like his brother Damon was. He was 90th percentile for weight. And 50th for height. Short and stout. Just like the little teapot.

Damon took these pictures of Carter on the rocking chair. Not bad. Not bad at all.

At five months, Carter still hates his tummy, and has yet to come close to rolling over. The doctor said I should put him down for five minutes every hour. Five minutes is about all he can take. He starts like this:

But his interest quickly wanes, and he ends up like this:

Now that's some hard crying! He is also become quite the little drooler. If I didn't know better, I would say that he is teething. But my other kids didn't get teeth until about 9 months, so I'm not convinced that there are any chompers coming any time soon. He soaks his shirts, my arm, blankets...anything that gets near his mouth.
The other reason he never gets a lot of tummy time is because he is constantly getting mauled by his sisters. He can't get a minute of peace. You would think the novelty of a baby would have worn off by now, but it hasn't. He is still the center of the universe in our home.

My hair has been falling out by the handful. It happens every time. I try to hide it with my hair down (it's worst right at my temples, especially the right one), but I do favor a ponytail. So you can't tell in pictures, but I know it. Trust me.

I also put Carter in the swing at the park for the first time. He didn't love it, but he didn't hate it the way I thought he would. I'm guessing he's not going to be quite the sissy la la I once feared.

Here are a couple more. Damon took the one of me, Carter and Kyla. I love the summer tans and Kyla's hair that is getting blonder by the day!

4 comments:
he's such a cute little chunker! love that picture of him crying!
Oh my goodness!!! I just love his precious little chubbyness!!! The kids and you look like summer has been treating you well.
My chunky boys always helped me strengthen my arm muscles with all the heavy lifting and carrying...too bad no one could see it under the layer of Relief Society hanging off my arms. :)
My hair fell out like crazy, too. I seriously thought I would be bald after all was said and done.
And I love the summer tans--quite jealous since I don't tan at all!
What a cutie, Krystal! I can't believe that he is five months old and we haven't even met him in person yet. And, you look great,despite your "hairloss". Hope we can get together sometime this crazy summer!
Post a Comment