DAY 1-Jeff had a meeting, so I had to take all the kids to Relief Society with me. By the time we got home, Carter didn't get in bed until 9:30 (he was ready much earlier). He woke up at 5:30 and I fed him the 4 oz bottle. He cried when it was gone, but went back to sleep easily.
DAY 2-Went to bed at 8:30. Woke up at 3:00 and I gave him the binky. Woke again at 4:00 and I gave him 3 oz. Went back to sleep easily.
DAY 3-8:30 bed time. Woke at 5:30 and I gave him 2 oz. He cried for a while, but went back to sleep until around 7:30.
DAY 4-We had a family reunion in Heber, where we were sharing cabins with Jeff's family. I had planned on feeding him 4 oz during the night, just so no one would have to listen to him cry. He had a hard time going to bed, and didn't fall asleep until late (being woken up by Kyla certainly didn't help anything). To my surprise, he didn't wake up at all during the night, and I didn't feed him again until it was light (my concept of time wasn't good, but it was probably after 7:00).
DAY 5- I put him to bed at 8:10. He wasn't hungry, so I didn't feed him then. I gave him a "topper" at 10:30 before I went to bed. He woke up at 3:30 and I gave him the binky. He went back to bed and woke up at 7:30.
DAY 6-Bed between 8:30 and 9:00. Woke up at 3:30. Binky and back to sleep.
DAY 7-Bed 8:00. My friend, April, dropped by unexpectedly at 9
:30, so I woke him up so she could meet him. He went back to bed around 10:00 and slept until 7:30.
DAY 8 (last night)-Jeff watched him while I went to a baby shower. I put him to bed when I got home at 10:00. Woke at 4:30. Binky and back to sleep until 7:30.
So, it seems a pattern has emerged. It's clear he doesn't need to drin
k a bottle during the night. And my nighttime routine has become sticking a binky in his mouth between 3:00 and 4:30. I am tempted to just let him cry himself back to sleep, but there is always the worry that he will do so by sucking his thumb/fingers (I have seen him do this before). So for at least another week, I will get up and give him the binky, then reevaluate.
I love this picture. I use the pack n play as a changing table downstairs, and one day I left Carter there while I did something else. Kyla, who absolutely cannot leave him alone, found a way to be close to him. As a side note, look at Carter's thighs.
5 comments:
YAY! Congrats on the sleep training success. Awesome. I LOOOOOVVVVVE those thighs!!!
ha ha... his thighs are so chunky! love it!
This is encouraging. Currently Lucy is up at least 4 times in the night. I am pretty sure she is "comfort nursing," not truly hungry. Not sure where to begin on fixing the problem. I let her cry for a couple of minute and then give in and nurse because I am too tired to listen to the crying. I know in the long run it will be better for the both of us. Where did you find your sleep training info?
Aaahh, the relief of sleeping babies! Zach wouldn't do it until 10 months, but it's been heaven since then!
I love that picture on the changing table!! Both my boys were big like that until they started walking and they lost it all. Too cute!
Post a Comment