Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Rest

The biggest part of our Fourth of July celebrations was mealtime. We had many big gatherings with lots of good food. And we kept sending the kids out on the deck to eat. Eric felt bad for them, as they were roasting in the late afternoon sun, and he built this tent for them. So nice.


A few of us "lucky ones" got to go to Stadium of Fire. I hadn't been in several years (since Martina McBride was the headliner, in fact), and didn't have any interest in forking out $50 for the event. But then they booked Carrie Underwood. And how could I say no? I couldn't. Especially when Jeff said he would stay with the kids. I didn't take any pictures, but stole a few from my cousin's Facebook account (me, my cousin Addison, and my bro, Eric, on our way!).


We agreed that on a scale of 1-10, Carrie was a 10. The rest of the show was a 5. Total score=7.5. Worth it, but not the best ever.

We also swam plenty. Both in the pool and in the tub. Girls in one tub, boys in another. Here are the girls:




And one of our lone swimming pictures. I was trying to upload a video of Kyla being tossed in the air by Grandpa Dale, but it is taking too long. Maybe later when I have more patience I will do that...along with the other things I promised in earlier posts...

Happy Fourth (on the Eleventh)!!


2 comments:

Heather B said...

love that tub pic. Amazing that no privates are showing! I'm glad someone (addison?) captured that gorgeous sunset on camera. Yay for Carrie's wedding yesterday!

BBC said...

what a fun post! i'm glad you guys had so much fun!