1. What did you do in 2010 that you’ve never done before? Got myself and 4 kids ready for 9 am church alone.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year? I thought I did, but I can't seem to find a record of them. I'll keep looking. This needs to be its own post.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? I did, Noel did, and Julie did. All boys!
4. Did anyone close to you die? no
5. What countries did you visit? none. Boo.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? a few more decorations on my walls
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched in your memory and why? July 24th, when I thought I was miscarrying and found myself extremely relieved. Also, the first of August when I found that I was NOT miscarrying, but instead was having another baby. Shocker.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Making the transition to four kids.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not losing all my baby weight (I still had five pounds to go) before getting pregnant again. OOPSIE!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? not me, just Carter. He was hospitalized with RSV for 12 days, 4 of which he spent on a ventilator. Longest 12 days of my life, and probably the ones filled with the least amount of sleep ever! Kyla also had stitches in her chin, burns on her leg and staples in her head.
11. What was the best thing you bought? the dvd player in the van.
12. Where did most of your money go? loans and house payment. And that will be the same every year until the loans are paid off.
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Jonny leaving on his mission, Carter's birth two days later, Heather telling me she was pregnant and due 10 days after me...
14. Happier or sadder? I would say happier. I really am content with my life.
15. Thinner or fatter? Thinner. Then fatter. Still, thinner than last year at this time, but only because my due date is March instead of February this year (that just sounds wrong).
16. Richer or poorer? Richer, although it sure doesn't feel like it. We put in our yard this year (HUGE expense), paid a ton in medical bills, and will do it all again when this next baby is born. I guess if we want to actually feel like we have more money, I should stop having babies.
17. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spending time with girl friends and SIL's. I love that!
18. What do you wish you’d done less of? Stressing
19. How did you spend Christmas? With my family. Christmas Eve with the Trapnell's, Christmas morning with my husband and kids and the rest of Christmas break with the Esplin's. Perfect!
20. Did you fall in love in 2010? Yeah, with my Chubby Bubby, Carter.
21. What was your favorite TV show? Our favorite new show is Nikita on the CW. Reminds me of Alias. Unfortunately for Jeff, the main girl does NOT live up to Jennifer Garner.
22. What was the best book you read? I read 35 books this year (that I kept track of on Good Reads. I know there are a few I read that have slipped my mind, but those are the ones I can remember). I read 45 last year. This year I'll shoot for 50. I should be able to do it, especially if I am spending a lot of time nursing this spring.
The best book I read was The Help by Kathryn Stockett. The best non-fiction book I read was Superfreakanomics by Steven Levitt. The best YA book I read was Tuck Everlasting (I'm biased--it was also my favorite book as a kid). The best new author I discovered was Janette Rallison and her YA books.
23. What was your greatest musical discovery of 2010? The album "Speak Now" by Taylor Swift. Is that sad?
24. What did you want and get? an epidural, a healthy baby boy born 2+ weeks early
25. What did you want and not get? Central vac and water softener. Maybe this year?
26. What was your favorite film this year? I don't get to see many movies until they come out on dvd, so I would have to go with a kid movie. How to Train Your Dragon or Despicable Me.
27. What did you do on your birthday? Went to lunch with my SIL's, had dinner with my aunt and her family, enjoyed a pumpkin cake that my brother made. Nice.
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? For those people that I love not to have to struggle so much.
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Hand me downs from my SIL. Jeff has promised me a wardrobe makeover as soon as I lose the baby weight this time around. I'll hold him to it! But you still won't find me in skinny jeans. These thighs just weren't made for them.
30. What kept you sane? a trip to Boston with my mom and sisters. Although stressful flying stand-by, it was such a wonderful time. And Legal Sea Foods still has my mouth watering...
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? This sounds like a British question. I'm not sure I "fancied" anyone new, but I do have a new appreciation for Sarah Palin, the person. I'm still not sold on Sarah Palin, the politician.
32. What political issue stirred you the most? The passing of the new health care law. I'm not a fan.
33. Who did you miss? Lots of people, but two stand out: my brother Jonny and April Ferguson.
34. Who was the best new person you met? Carter
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. Tough times pass, even when it seems like they never will.
36. What songs will always remind you of 2010? Ke$ha's "Your Love is my Drug," Train's "Soul Sister," Travie McCoy's "Billionaire," Katy Perry's "California Gurls," BoB's "Airplanes," Taylor Swift's new album, but especially, "Back to December" and "Speak Now," Sugarland's "Stuck Like Glue," and my favorite Glee songs, "Poker Face" and "I Dreamed a Dream."
37. When you think about 2010 what sticks out in your mind? Health expenses
38. Best moment of 2010? Watching Damon get baptized, and listening to him sing, "When I am Baptized."
2 comments:
i too love nikita! fun show! can't wait to see baby #5!!! i can't believe you're going to be a mom of 5 soon! holy moly! you're wonderwoman!
Guess it's time for me to do this again this year too. I always love reading your recap though.
Post a Comment