
For those who didn't get a Christmas card in the mail, here is ours from this year. I figure those who follow my blog and Facebook already know everything anyway, but here you go...
Initially, it doesn’t seem like a lot has changed in our lives during the past year. But when I sat down and actually thought about everything that happened in 2010, I realized that wasn’t exactly true. And I guess that’s why we write these letters at Christmas time, so those who aren’t a part of our lives every single day can still be a part of our lives. So, here is how life has changed for each of us over the past year:
Jeff-Became partner in his brother’s orthodontic practice, got called as Executive Secretary in our ward, and suffered through a fairly painful season of BYU football. His new talents include planting flowers and trees and maintaining our yard, as we spent a lot of time landscaping our home during the summer and fall.
Krystal-Adjusted to life with another baby, learning to juggle 4 kids (not literally. That really would be newsworthy!). She was able to play basketball in the Utah Summer Games with two of her sisters and realized that she is getting old. Her new talents include getting pregnant without even trying. Baby “Caboose” is scheduled to join our family in March, and we’re both excited and terrified!
Damon (8)-Was baptized in July, causing his parents a moment’s pause to reflect, again, on just how old they are getting. He started third grade in the fall, and played flag football for the first time. His new talents include writing reports (both for school and for fun) one keystroke at a time and playing the piano one note at a time.
Allie (5)-Started kindergarten in the fall and surprised everyone (including her mother) by already being able to read. She also had her herniated belly button repaired and now thinks she should be able to wear bikinis. Her new talents include swimming across the pool and riding a bike without training wheels.
Kyla (3)-Secured her place in our family as the most injury/accident prone over a 6 week stretch during the summer. During that time, she had stitches in her chin, second degree burns over much of her thigh, and staples in her head. Still, it hasn’t slowed her down. Her new talents include keeping herself afloat in the pool without drowning (it can’t be called “swimming” yet), riding a two-wheel scooter and starting to write her letters.
Carter (10 months)-Joined our family and immediately caused drama. He contracted RSV at three-weeks old and ended up in the hospital for 12 days, four of which were spent on a ventilator. After a shaky start, he has grown into a healthy, normal little boy. If you consider 24 lbs at 10 months normal. Or little. His new talents include crawling up the stairs, clicking his tongue, refusing to say “mama,” and waving hello.
As we prepare for the dark days of winter, we are very grateful to celebrate the birth of our Savior, the Light of the World. For no matter how much things change (or seem to stay the same), He remains the constant in all of our lives. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from our home to yours! We love you!
Love, the Trapnell’s
Jeff, Krystal, Damon, Allie, Kyla and Carter
6 comments:
you are such an eloquent writer! i love reading your posts! great family pic too!
I loved your card this year. It made me laugh outloud at times. Great pics too.
Your card is adorable!! I love the pictures of everyone. I'm so excited about your "surprise" little one!! I can just imagine another baby in that picture.
Great pictures of your family and each of the kids.
I agree with the person that said you are an eloquent writer! You really are a great writer and I love reading your blog. You have a beautiful family!
Cute letter. Glad I could read it here. I'm with you, anyone who follows my blog already knows about everything we write in our Christmas card.
Post a Comment