Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Resolutions

Yep, it's that time again. I actually enjoy making resolutions, because I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I achieve them, which isn't all the time. I enjoy the experience of evaluating myself and recognizing areas I need to improve and then making the changes. I realize this isn't something everyone enjoys, but for me, it is a good thing.

My personal goals for this year are broken into five areas:

PHYSICAL
1. My goal is to have a natural birth. Going into labor on my own, no epidural, and a speedy delivery. While that is the goal, I'm not 100% committed to it. My experience with Allie wasn't exactly my favorite, I am hopeful that with a little more preparation, I can do it again without so many negative feelings afterward. Of course, this is all based on the assumption that I will go into labor on my own and not need to be induced, which changes everything. I'm sure I will write more about this later.
2. Post baby, I want to participate in a sprint triathlon. I know I'm a bit late to jump on the bandwagon of triathlons, but I don't have a bike, I don't really know much about swimming, and I hate running. Are those obstacles I can't overcome? We will see.
3. Get back to pre-baby weight. Ideally, I would like to be back to my pre-Carter weight before Jeff and I celebrate our 11th anniversary in the fall. We'll see how that goes, too.

MENTAL
1. Read 50 books and write reviews on Goodreads
2. Finish my blog book and get scrapbooks caught up
3. Write more. Not only blog posts, but also some of the stories I have running around in my head that no one has ever read.

SPIRITUAL
1. Keep up with the New Testament Sunday School lessons, and RS lessons
2. Do temple work for 50 people (endowments, initiatory, sealings) and write down all their names
3. Index 1,000 names for FamilySearch.

EMOTIONAL
1. Learn more techniques for dealing with anxiety and help my kids learn them too
2. Work hard not to be discouraged. I know this is Satan's way of getting to me, and I have definitely had moments/hours/days where I have been discouraged and have found it hard to get over it. I don't want to give him the satisfaction this year.

FAMILY
My goal is no more yelling. I will ask nicely, and if I'm ignored, I won't lose my temper.

Jeff's goals are to be more patient and to help out more

Damon's is to deal with frustration in ways other than crying

Allie's is to concentrate and stay focused

and Kyla's is to leave Carter alone.


Lofty goals, probably. But a good place to start.

2 comments:

Ann Mitchell said...

WOW, Krystal! I'll probably just be checking papers, and enter scores in the computer! Go, Kyla!

Tasha said...

Wonderful goals! It is fun to read other mother's goals!