
We waited until Christmas Eve to take the kids to see Santa. Not on purpose, but that was the way it worked out. I wanted to go to the Riverwoods to see what they have done there (I've heard it's awesome), but Santa is only there from five to eight at night, and those times just seemed to be so busy every night. So, we ended up at the mall on Christmas Eve around noon. And there was no line to see Santa. We may have found a new tradition. Jeff took one picture. He felt bad when we weren't buying any of the rip off packages they sell, so only took one. Even though no one was waiting and I'm sure they wouldn't have cared. Oh well, it turned out cute. Carter acted as though Santa didn't exist. I don't think he even looked his way. At least he didn't cry. And Santa wanted to keep Kyla. I told him we wouldn't miss her. :)
This last picture is out of order, but we got to see the kindergarten Christmas program during the last week of school. Ah, the benefits of living in Utah. The kids still sing songs about Jesus, instead of just having a "winter festival." Allie made a cute Christmas tree, if I do say so myself.
I don't think there is anything better in the world than the excitement of kids waiting for Christmas. The anticipation is great, and we spent all month feeding the fire. We watched all kinds of Christmas movies, ate ourselves sick, and celebrated with friends and family repeatedly. Kyla wrote a letter to Santa telling him she loved him and to bring her candy. Damon asked his questions about the reality of Santa, but stopped short of demanding the truth. Deep inside, I know that he knows, but he is determined not to face the facts. I like it. And Allie changed her mind daily about what she wanted, making Santa's job much harder.
Overall, though, December was a great month and I'm sad to see it go....
2 comments:
Loved the bloodhound line. Some sweet tooth! Glad you had such a great Christmas. Who are you going to use to print your blog book? I've never printed mine yet but need to.
I love reading all about your festivities. Way cute pic on santas lap! No line is the way to go.
Post a Comment