Friday, November 18, 2011

Celebrations

I want to write about Time Out for Women, but I need to steal some pics from my mom before I can do that. So, I'll put that on hold for now and talk about other other celebrations.

I turned 32 on Tuesday. It's fine. Another year, and the first time I haven't been pregnant on my birthday for a while. My big present was a new bed (another post to come soon), so I really wasn't expecting anything else. But I did get this...


(Cookie Dough Delirium cake from Coldstone), and these...



Even for a girl who doesn't HAVE to have fresh flowers, it is fun every now and then to be reminded that someone loves you.


The cake was so good (I may just go have another piece now) and I will probably ask for a Coldstone cake every year now! My mom wanted a pic of the inside so she could see how it was made. Two layers of yellow cake, two layers of sweet cream ice cream with cookie dough, and a cool-whippy kind of frosting on the outside with chocolate shavings and big chunks of cookie dough on top. Yep, my mouth is watering.

I went to dinner at Happy Sumo with my favorite Trapnell ladies (all but Julie, who is in New Mexico). The wait was long (it was Two-for-Tuesday), but so worth it! What a great time, and I was spoiled by my awesome MIL and SIL's.

Last night, Jeff and I went out with his staff to dinner and the preview of Breaking Dawn. I told him that could count for my date this year. It was fun, if not everything I hoped it would be. I just wish I loved the movies. Oh well, still fun.

McKay also turned 8 months (or 2/3rds) yesterday. 7 months came and went without a pic, so here's trying to make up for it.


He looks awfully sad in this pic. I'm not sure why. He loves that moose, though, and is often found in his bed playing with it and the other animal in there with him.


Here's a cuter one.


And here's one of him with his bestie, Carter. Two boys in diapers. Not the funnest, but we are surviving. Both boys have had the runs this week (runny noses that is), and Carter's cheeks sure are chapped. Still, I couldn't resist one of these two friends. They really do love each other, which is awesome to me.

Here are some things McKay is doing at eight months:

He is crawling fairly well, but still resorts to the army scoot when he really wants to get somewhere.
He still has no teeth, but does fairly well eating puffs, cheerios, bread crumbs and random other things he scavenges off the floor (well, that hunk of tortilla I pulled out of his mouth the other day was a different story).
Still has 32 oz of formula a day, plus eats solids twice a day. Hasn't refused anything, but is often too busy to finish the bottle unless I hold him.
Pulled himself up to standing in his crib the other day.
Fell down one flight of stairs twice so I finally put the gate up.
Takes two great naps during the day, but is still trying to figure out how to make it from 3:00 until bedtime without getting too ornery (bedtime is about 7:30).
Almost always wakes up happy and smiles so big when I walk in the room.
Babbles a lot and makes a gargling sound I find adorable.
Gets upset by loud noises or too much activity.
Rarely falls asleep in the car.
Loves giving open mouth kisses (although I don't think he knows that is what he's doing)

I love this boy so much. I love that he is a happy boy and is fairly predictable. He is such a sweet little thing, even though he always smells like spit up.

1 comment:

Heather B said...

Wow that cake is killing me!!!!!!!!!!! Ella has the runny green nose going on too. We discovered that Benadryl works like a charm! You know im referring to sleep- Woohoo! Clears her up too. Bonus.