After Time Out for Women, my fam got together for a pic for my mom's Christmas card. I love these people so much. And I can't wait until the next pic, the one with ALL of us in it! Jonny comes home in two months!
Jeff went to Arizona for his "Manstravagana," aka the U of A/ASU game, and the kids begged me to take them to the lighting of the Riverwoods. Five kids out in the cold with no help? Why not! We actually had a really good time. The kids were happy with their free cookies and glow sticks...
...and we'd warm up by the fires whenever we got cold.
There was plenty to see, although the lights didn't look nearly so cool in pictures as they did in person.
And lots of free stuff for the kids.Carter wasn't sure what to make of Kyla's Pooh mask.
McKay was fine as long as we were moving. I think he wasn't too thrilled to be cold, so we had to keep walking and avoid standing in any lines (the other kids were a bit sad to miss out on Santa and the face painting/balloon animals, but the lines were really long). Carter tried to keep McKay happy, but he wasn't often successful.
Thank goodness I had my "new" sit and stand stroller! I could fit four of the kids on it and Damon was the only one who had to walk. It was awesome!
I also wanted to put in these pics from FHE the other night. Our Monday nights are pretty much all the same. We have a quick lesson, where we sometimes feel the spirit, and then Jeff plays Tickle Monster with the kids. They really look forward to it, and Kyla has perfected the "Spread Eagle Choke" maneuver. Carter even likes it, but if Jeff tries to tickle me, he will go into protection mode and cry until Jeff leaves me alone.
McKay has been able to stay out of it so far, and would prefer to stay close to mommy. Can't blame him.

4 comments:
I have yet to take my kids to the Riverwoods lighting because I know the crowds are so big. I've wanted to go, so maybe next year. Where did you find parking?
There is something so magical about Daddy tickle time. We have it almost every night as Rick warns the kids to get to their beds or be chased by the tickle monster. Squeals of delight and chasing ensue. That's so cute that you have a tickle protector.
A sit and stand stroller fitting four kids!? Impressive. And no one gouged anyone else's eyes out?? More impressive.
You are too good to take all your kids with no help. Glad it was fun though.
Post a Comment