Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Addition

One thing I forgot to add about the Riverwoods Lighting (by the way, Angie, the parking was crazy. I didn't even try to get into the parking lot. I just drove north to those offices and parked in a parking lot there. It was about a 5 minute walk, so I was really grateful for the stroller!).

When we got home, Allie told me, "It was not really what I was expecting."

"Oh?," I asked. "Why not?"

"Well, I thought there would be lights there."

Laughing, I said, "There WERE lights there. Lots of lights."

"Well, I thought there would be music there."

"There WAS music there. We stopped and listened to that band play."

She paused, thinking. Finally she said, "I thought we would hold hands singing around the Christmas tree."

She had me there. We didn't do that. Because life isn't a touching scene from The Grinch. But it probably should be.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Dahoo Doray - sp? What a sweet story about your daughter. Loved it.

TEAM ALOFIPO said...

lol
tell her we will be glad to do that here when you guys come!

Heather B said...

Laughed outloud. Love her! I'm with Tara. New tradition at the Esplin house. :)

Anonymous said...

oh, that is too funny! And good to know about the whole parking situation. Maybe next year we'll venture out--maybe we can meet you there! :)