Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Halloween

**Sorry, I'm having some formatting issues with the pics and I'm not going to go to a lot of trouble to change it to make it perfect. Maybe when I'm ready to Blurb...

Jeff and I got home just in time to celebrate Halloween. We carved our pumpkins Sunday night. Nothing fancy this year, just some basic designs the kids came up with. 




Monday morning, I went to the kids school for the Halloween parade. 




And finally, it was time for trick or treating. McKay didn't know what was going on. I think he looked pretty cute, though. Unfortunately, I still don't know whether or not this costume glows in the dark. McKay stayed safely inside Aunt Laurie's house while the other kids trick or treated.


Carter revived the Hamburglar costume I found for Damon when he was 18 months. Strikingly similar with that mask on...




Damon    

                                                                                              
Carter

Just a quick 8 years later, and that little Hamburglar turned into this football player for the Y. I had a heck of a time trying to find a costume for Damon. I thought for sure I'd find one on KSL (where I got Kyla's outfit), but nothing ever showed up. The only thing I could find was a $50 brand new one from the bookstore. That wasn't going to happen. Finally, I found this on ebay for $25 (including shipping) and Tara had shoulder pads to complete the set. I think he looked awesome!


Three cute boys


Kyla was the perfect BYU cheerleader. She was so happy she got to wear makeup. I think she looked adorable! I could have done without the Frankenstein tattoo on the forehead, but whatever.


Allie had makeup on too, and had a cute ponytail with some ringlets. But something set her off (I think she wanted to wear Kyla's tennis shoes because hers are too big) and she cried and cried and all that makeup came off. She wasn't too pleased to pose for her pic. I got her OSU costume on ebay also. I couldn't find another Cougar one, and Allie was happy to be a Buckeye (she was born in Columbus, after all). Mostly, anyway.


We got one good shot of all the kids together. Allie even smiled for this one. 



And then everything fell apart.


Carter had the BEST time of his short life. He was running and jumping up and down with delight when he found out that people were giving out "nanny." It made my whole day, and was worth coming home from Hawaii to witness. He held on to his pumpkin full of candy with a death grip. But he was very sweet to share with anyone who asked.


Damon and David scored quite the haul (which you can't see in this picture). We took the kids to the candy buy back at the dentist yesterday, and Damon gave away about 1 lb of candy. He saved about 10 lbs for himself! Jeff bargained with him, and paid him $8 for 3/4ths of it last night. Now we have our own stash, and Damon doesn't feel like all his effort was for nothing. Allie gave away a little more than Damon (all she had left) and Kyla gave away 2 pieces (all SHE had left)! It was a fun Halloween. Now for the sugar detox...



1 comment:

Heather B said...

I love the "it all falls apart" picture, it's hilarious. Damon does look awesome, and I love how he's appropriately taking a knee in the final pic. I also love the little hamburglar comparison pics. So adorable.