Kyla, looking closely at my upper lip, "Mom! You're starting to grow a beard!"
Kyla, climbing up on the counter to where the candles were, "Let me have a smell of that!"
Damon, in a prayer at pack meeting, "...please help us to get our awards safely."
One afternoon, I was making lunch for the kids, and while the water was boiling, I started to play a round of Scramble on my phone. Kyla, anxious for lunch, said, "Mom! What's better, playing a game or making lunch for little persons?"
Damon, to his sisters: "Carter gets the most attention. You have to learn that!"
Kyla, when I told her I needed to clean out her finger with rubbing alcohol: "Good. I love alcohol."
Kyla, counting how many seconds it took us to drive home, announced, "Affinity six! I counted to affinity and then it was six more."
A note I found attached to Allie's homework, next to a problem that was especially difficult for her said, "Dear Sra Revuela, please don't send this hard anymore. From Jeff Trapnell and Krystal Trapnell, Allie's parents. OXOX Happy Valentine's Day! (and on the back) You are nice, you can still send it, but not very hard. From Jeff."
Kyla lost a fingernail in an unfortunate shopping cart accident and lamented, "I miss my fingernail. It was my favorite one."
One night we went in to Damon's room for prayer, and found that he had drawn up a contract for becoming one of his "evil minions." He had convinced his sisters to sign it, which enslaved them to him. (I am still looking for it, and will post the exact words if I can find it).
5 comments:
Why have I not followed your lead on this one? These are great!
Kyla is the FUNNIEST kid! Love her!
I am LAUGHING SO HARD, those kids are the best, maybe Kyla will keep you laughing all the way through her teens :)
The note to the teacher about math was the best!!!
Oh HILARIOUS! I loved all of these--especially Allie's note. She's taking charge of the situation! Ha!
Post a Comment