Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter and 10 months

Everything is coming early this year. Daylight savings the first of March? Easter on the 23rd, the same week as St Patty's Day? What is the deal? I'm not sure who created the calendar for us this year, but I am not entirely on board with the decisions made in our behalf. What do we have to look forward to now until school gets out?
Easter, although early this year, was great. We had planned to go to Orlando the end of the week to visit some friends, but at the last minute it didn't work out and we took advantage of some time at home to dye some eggs. It went much better than I anticipated it would and we ended up with some really great eggs.


I talked Allie into letting me put curlers in her hair Saturday night, which we haven't done for quite a while.

We had to be at church early because we were singing in the choir, and Jeff also had to teach Elder's Quorum. I knew I needed to get up earlier than 7:30, but I didn't. Because Jeff was preparing his lesson (how can guys get away with doing that, by the way?), I knew he wouldn't be able to help me with the kids. I'm amazed we made it to church by 9:05, although the choir director may have had a minor stroke wondering if we were going to show (Jeff IS the tenor section). We were supposed to sit on the stand for the whole meeting, but I stayed with the kids until after the sacrament. A wonderful lady in the ward offered to sit with the kids and I handed Kyla off to the bishop's wife. After the second time Allie had to be taken out (crying that she wanted med), the bishop's wife went out and got her, too. The rest of the meeting went smoothly.
I wanted to take pictures before church, but because we were running late, it didn't happen until after. Luckily (and maybe a tender mercy from above), everyone cooperated. Could it be the candy waiting inside with their Easter baskets that encouraged them to behave? Whatever it was, we were able to get a few pics that I thought were great.




Russ and Julie came over for dinner and we had a great afternoon with them. Kyla offered to put on her ears and pose for a picture, but only if I promised not to wipe her runny nose first. I reluctantly agreed.

The kids all had fun. Except for when I made them sit and pose for a picture. We only had one take, and this was it. Ah, memories...

Monday, Kyla celebrated her 10 month birthday by doing absolutely nothing different from every other day of her life. She climbed around inside the coffee table (yes, I said inside. Jeff broke the glass while he was sitting on it a couple of weeks ago and now we are sporting an open table. Kyla thinks it's a jungle gym. Jeff thinks it's just white trash).

She posed for me in the tub...

And humored me by holding Bexley for the traditional "see me grow" shot.

At ten months she still has no teeth, loves copying what I am doing (patty cake, making random noises), is slowly cruising around furniture, and has given up nursing and baby food. She also loves attacking any child who is on her level (meaning, sitting or crawling) and smothering them with kisses and gentle love pats. She is yet to find anyone who enjoys it.

9 comments:

Faith W said...

Looks like so much fun! Very cute kids!

Anonymous said...

You are brave to color eggs. I bought the kit and then chickened out. I love the Easter pics and Allie's hair rollers.

Lisha said...

You have such smiley beautiful children! I can't believe how fast Kyla has grown up!:)

The Teeples said...

What cute pictures of your kids. I love them. I can't believe how big they are.

Hope all is as well as they can be.

Much Love,
Heather :)

P.S.
Hey can you give me Chad and Faith's e-mail. I would love to get in touch with them again. Thanks!

jakenapril said...

I think that Daylight Savings the first week in March has thrown my whole spring off. What a crazy calendar! Anyway, your family is beautiful...and I love the picture of all the kids. I love that there's always someone who is upset, no matter how happy everyone else is! Classic!

Morgan said...

Those pictures from Easter turned out great. The kids in their cute outfits and the one of all of you!! I am impressed!

My heart totally dropped reading about your mom and family! What a trial. It is amazing how everything is working out so you can all be close together! I hope your mom does well and responds to treatment well. I love her and your family so much!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

The Easter pictures are to die for! They look so cute! I also loved the picture of Kyla with the bunny ears! You look great as usual! You are my inspiration Krystal!! The hair curlers on allie took me back to some of my greatest, but most uncomfortable memories!!

Greg and Tammy said...

That was a fun blog to read. Looks like Easter was fun in your neck of the woods. Love the girls Easter dresses and Damon looks so handsome and grown up! I don't think I could get Emma and I ready for church in that amount of time, so I am impressed! Kyla's 10 month shots are great. What a doll.

Sarah said...

Adorable Easter pics. I got some of the kids, but totally forgot to take a family shot. Why is it that Sundays are the most chaotic?? Also, when did your hair get so long again? I swear you just cut it off. Please tell me the tricks b/c I have been growing mine out for a year and it's only grown a few inches! ALso, I'm about to post some curlers pics too--can you Ms. Frizzle?