Monday, March 10, 2008
Timeout!
After deliberately pouring a cup of water on the table while we waited for Jeff to get home for dinner, the child in question was sent to timeout. I may have assisted the child's progress by gently nudging him/her with my foot, which was not well received. While in timeout, this is what I heard from the other room: "I don't like mom." Then it was sung, "I don't like mom, I don't like mom." When this got no response, the child ventured, "I'm going to say butt to you (this part made me laugh) and kill you (this part didn't)." Do I enforce "soap words" when they are said during a timeout, when bad behavior is already being ignored? Conundrum. When I still ignored this outburst, the song started again, a little more angrily this time. "I don't like mom!" Any guesses which delightful child I am referring to?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oh allie allie allie!!! your in for it! but she is darn cute!
At least she's good for a hilarious blog. You should have taped it...even if it was just the door!
Allie all the way
HYSTERICAL! Your stories provide Greg and I so much entertainment. Much better than a silly television show. I'm gonna kill you? :)
Post a Comment