CHANCE: It's hard to know even where to start with what I learned from my brief encounter with our second baby. I know that the Lord wanted me to learn to have faith in Him, and to trust in His plan. My testimony grew more during December 2003 than in any other period of my life. The hardest things for us can also be the best, and I feel that I am a better person, a better mother and a better disciple of my Savior because of it. Even still today, I am learning things from the experience, and my perfect son who watches over us from heaven. We took several pictures of him in the hospital shortly after he was delivered, but most of them didn't turn out because the flash wasn't on (it was a disposable camera at the hospital). Here are a couple that did turn out, because I know you are probably curious as to how big a 10 in 12 oz baby is:


ALLIE: Ah, the many lessons of Allie. I know the Lord decided I needed to learn patience when He blessed me with her. That is the case with all children, I know, but especially with Allie. She has been a challenge from the beginning and I don't see the end in sight. She came into our family when I was desperate for a baby (any baby), and that made it much easier to deal with all the crying, and there was a lot. Now, she has grown out of the crying, but tests my patience in so many other ways. While it is hard to discipline Damon because he truly seems remorseful after he does something wrong, it's hard to have sympathy for Allie because she doesn't seem sorry. I am optomistic about her future, but also realistic, and I think we are in for a battle with our little independent child who doesn't really care about what anyone else wants. I love her, don't get me wrong, and my life would be empty without her, but I know she is here to teach me patience. I hope I learn that lesson soon!


She can be very sweet, but this is how I remember her as a baby:


She loves life and doesn't stress out about things like Damon does. She is willing to try anything, and I think that will help her out in life. She is strong-willed, sneaky, and eternally optomistic about not ever doing anything wrong again. I love this little girl.
KYLA: Well, the verdict is still out on my latest love, and what I have to learn from her. So far, I have learned just how much love is in my heart. There's never a shortage, which is amazing. She is so sweet and fun and excited about life. I can't wait to learn all there is to learn from her! This is from early this fall at Sea World.
This is the point where I would end with something really great. But Kyla is screaming and Allie is begging for attention and so this is going to have to do.
15 comments:
sweet baby chance...how many weeks were you again, 21???
I had no idea about Chance...that is very sweet. And I had a thought about Allie...I have one of those. He was very sweet as a baby but then all hell broke loose at 2. I decided he was my test of patience as well. Then I had a feeling/thought one day that maybe he was my opportunity to parent differently and to be open to embracing all types of ways to deal with things. Not just the same time out the other two got. Since that day...I've still struggled but I'm better for it.I'm much more tolerant of others and their/my short comings because I changed my way of caring for him. Wow...I just re-read that and I sound crazy...BUT...it's true so I'll just leave it! ;)
Your doing a great job by the way with ALL your children! I stand in awe all the time!!!!
My daughter Sammie is like Allie in some ways. She had colic for 4 months and cried all the time, and that's mainly what I remember about her as a baby--the crying!! She is almost 2 and still doesn't sleep throught the night. Definitely my biggest challenge, but it's so true how they just grab a hold of your heart, no matter what their personality is (or sleeping habits!)
Krystal,
Your little Chance I know is watching over you. Thank You for sharing him with all of us.
I love your comments about what you learn from your children. Isaac is the best learning experience I have ever had.
MIss you girl.
Heather :)
What a sweet baby. It's amazing the things we can learn from trials. You kids are all darling -- keep on having them! :)
Ahhhh...Norah is Allie. Patience.....Still working on that.
What a sweet baby.
I cant believe how much your girls look like eachother, do you think that?
So when you delivered him, was he still born? He looked just perfect though being sooo little.
Wow, I can't believe how identical our little families are, except for Chance. #1 super sensitive, #2 stinker, #3 sweetie pie. You do a great job finding joy with each one!
Love these posts about your kid-o's. Cute idea!! Your kids have the best cheeks!!
I have really enjoyed your posts about your kids. It make me think about my lessons I've learned from my own children!
oops, I meant made.
Sweet pics of Chance. I've never seen those. Thanks for posting on all your kids. I like the perspective you have of learning things from each of them. It's a great way to look at motherhood. You're my inspiration...
Love your posts... Thanks for being a good mom and friend to me, too (mostly friend I hope--example of mom). Love you!
Post a Comment