Monday, March 31, 2008

Beach Weather?

It was warm last week. Nearing the mid 80's. And it had been so long since we had been to the beach. So we went. Was it the best possible beach day? Not by a long shot. Although warm, it was windy and the water was still too cold. Did the kids seem to mind? Not in the least.




Kyla hasn't been to the beach since she was a toothless, hairless chubby little thing (okay, time hasn't changed much, but still...). She instantly fell in love with the sand, eating as much as she could frantically shove into her mouth. Mmm, tasty. Please forgive her dorky hat--it was all I could find that would fit that noggin.






Allie suddenly requires much less attention at the beach than she did last year. That was nice. She also needs a new suit this year, although the sunglasses seem to fit just fine. Forgive her "granny panties."






Damon showed off his shark squirt gun. Very tricky.





Kyla showed off one of the things she loves to do--hang upside down. "She's like a little..." What is the best way to end that sentence?



I love this picture of the end of the day. Cole and Allie were in the truck ready to go, but had to get far enough away so Vegas wouldn't slobber all over them. Kyla wanted to join the "Trap Train." Thanks for the photos, Noel!


9 comments:

Heather B said...

holy cow, Krystal, are you like 99 pounds or what! Way to lose all the baby weight and THEN some. Those pictures are so cute. Love the Trap train.

jaesi said...

great pictures! I am excited for the beach! its still a bit cold here. A few more weeks!
you kids are so so cute.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is...so jealous.

Kortney Manning said...

thanks for the invite!! Looks like life is pretty good in Fl.! Tell April I say Hi! It's fun to see her in some of your pictures. Take care,
Kortney

Anonymous said...

How fun to have a beach so close! I'll admit...I'd rather pool it though...all that sand in places it shouldn't be AND cleaning all the sand up. Ugh.....but family time is family time...whenever you can get it!

Lindsay said...

Oh for cute! I love beach days! Kyla's little bathing suit is ADORABLE!!!

Jacqui said...

I would KILL for a beach right now! We just had more snow in UT. I'm about snowed out. You look like you had a fun time. Was Kyla spitting out sand the rest of the week?! :)

lisa h. said...

i am slightly jealous!

Becky Seymour said...

Fun Beach Fun! I think your little Allie is your twin, I swear. Man I wish we could have come and seen you while you lived in Florida.....if is weren't for pregnancy, bills, and work we would have. Well, Provo is still fun, right?? Sorry to hear about your MOm. She, and all of you, will be in my prayers!