How many times do you have to see something before you decide it's time to join in? I have eight blogs on my google reader with this on it, waiting for comments from me. So, play along it you'd like...
Here's how it works:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave a memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember, good or bad but be nice please! ;)
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments. Come on all my blog followers... I want to post something about you, let's see this on your blog!!!
19 comments:
Funny memory on my blog. My most vivid memory involving you is book club at YOUR house! First of all, I got lost and I think I got there late. We discussed the mystery books, and I remember thinking you were super smart and I loved the books you picked.
I agree - I'm sad we didn't get to be better friends. I always thought you were so smart and hilarious. I love reading your blog! :)
I remember hearing ALL about you from the team and how awesome you were. The first memory ever I have of you is at the Adamson's house and you had brought a birthday present for BJ and gave it to her outside...not too exciting, but I've always remembered first seeing you that night.
I remember you and Kristen K. completely making me feel welcome in softball, even though I was a young little freshmen. I vividly singing "This Kiss" from Faith Hill on one of our bus trips. I had so much fun with all of you guys and felt totally special that you all included me.
Well, I already put my memory on my comments on my blog so I will put something else on here.
This is something about you and me that you may not have noticed. You have a link on your blog to Kate Winsor. Kate (I called her Katie) was one of my friends growing up. We lived really close to each other. I went to her house a lot in elementary and junior high. I think you and her went to college together. Small world.
So many to chose from....I remember when you and Tyler showed up at my house with a couch for my bday. It wouldn't fit anywhere, so we had to break it apart, then he hammered it back together in my room. You knew I wanted a couch in there. I remember passing each other in the halls and giving notes. I still have a huge halloween bag full of notes from Krystal. You would probably love reading them. I remember sitting on the bench during soph/jv softball games eating sunflower seeds and talking about hmmm Tyler. I remember how you always made me feel so loved, so good about myself, and so needed. You are such a great friend! Always and Forever
I loved the time when Rick and I drove to Lexington, Kentucky for a wedding (I was 8 months pregnant with Tanner), we went inside the Krebs' house, and found you and your family there. Friends of the groom, and I was friends with the bride.
I also loved the time you dressed up Damon as the Hamburglar for Halloween.
Krystal,
I just absolutely loved that you had the same competitive attitude in sports that I have. It was a blast playing Volleyball and Basketball with you.
I was truly sad when I had to leave the student ward and play against you instead of with you.
To this day I am still missing playing those sports with you.
Thanks for the fun times and the fun memories.
It's so hard to think of just one memory...oh I have a good one!! How about the slumber party at our condo with you guys and the Harts? The Harts slept in the basement and you guys slept in one our bedrooms. Damon and Jason were just babies then. The girls stayed up playing Settlers and the guys played Halo until morning. I'm laughing right now just thinking about it! So much fun! And of course I have to mention our fierce Settlers battles on the weekends. I'm so glad Jeff is back and is now entering the working field. I think we're going to frame Joe's first paycheck.
And just shy of a decade I make it here!!!! My favorite is after meeting you and seeing your blog you added me! I totally feel like old friends. It was so weird to see you in person though ?! I just love reading your posts and feeling a sigh of relief I'm not the only one that feels a certain way! Plain and simple...your a rockstar!
Being the Stake Softball tournament champs! It was so much fun being on your team.
My earliest memories of you are in the mother's dump, I mean room at the Gateway bldg. I think I even remember asking advice about naps and stuff.
I also thought you guys had the funnest sportiest family when I showed up once to play basketball and your family was covering all of the responsibilities as well as playing.
I have seen this on other blogs too, so I guess I had better play!
One of my memories of you is when we floated down the Ichetucknee river on Labor Day with the Fergusons and Allie had the worst time! I think she cried for most of it, and you just smiled, and enjoyed as much as you could! She finally fell asleep and then cheered up toward the end and I remember thinking "What will I do if I have a kid like that? I hope I can stay calm like Krystal." The next year I took Lila down the same river and she screamed for 1 hour and slept for 20 minutes, so I thought of you the whole way!
Of course most of my memories are from when we were really little. You were my best friend 3rd-5th grade. I remember sleepovers at your house where we would play hide-n-seek with your Grandma who had alzheimers. I remember sleeping outback on lawn chairs and then playing at the park in the middle of the night. We had matching plastic glasses with the lenses popped out of them because we wanted to have real glasses. You introduced me to all things sports! I had my very own Jose Consaco folder. We had a three-way friendship necklace with Kandace Van Gilder. We liked to call each other and plan on doing our hair the same for school the next day. (Usually with two french braids). I also have one really weird memory with you of walking and taking your dog to go mate with another pure bread that lived nearby. Let's just say I was scarred for life!!!:) I had no idea what was going on! I have some great memories with you!
Krystal, my favorite memory of you is girls camp. I remember going up and sharing a tent with Tasha Millgate. I remember you leaving me a note (that I still have). Growing up you were the one girl that I admired more than anyone. I always wanted to "be just like Krystal Esplin". I remember singing Collin Raye and Garth Brooks songs around the camp fire. So long ago but so much fun.
My memories of you are from our ward in Ohio, of course. I specifically remember having to teach a Relief Society lesson one Sunday about death. I was so nervous to teach because you had recently lost your baby and I didn't want to make you cry or be any more painful for you. I just hoped it would be more helpful than anything. It made me feel so good afterwards when you came up and gave me a hug and said how much you appreciated the lesson. I was already crying because of my own personal loss, and that just made me feel all the more better. You have a very comforting spirit--and that's one of the best things I like and remember about you.
I was kind of taken back by this blog post only because for some reason I feel like we've been friends for a long time and should have all these random memories together . . . only to realize, wait -- we really don't!! I guess it's because I know Heather so well, the rest of the 259 gang, and that we're blog buddies that I feel this connection. Too funny. BUT here is probably my first memory of you - you and Heather were on a flag football team together at BYU. I remember wishing I was playing with you guys because it looked so fun. The reason I remember is because I think you were pregnant at the time and I kept thinking how awesome you were to be so active! Another really funny memory I have is one time we were all over at Mckane, Rob, Greg and Jason's apartment and the girls got to talking about garments. I have NO idea why I remember this but I remember that you said you wore cotton. Isn't that crazy how some random memories stay stuck in your mind?
Sorry it took me so long to leave my memories, Krystal. I have tons of great Ohio memories with you:
book club (especially your love for Orson Scott Card and us trying to figure out Catcher in the Rye)
Dental Dinner group (you always remembered that I liked mushrooms in my salad) and Dental wives club
you and Damon coming to Caden's bday party a week early and just hanging out for the day--that was so fun!
women's camp--we slept in those cabins and we were both trying to figure out why we weren't getting pregnant and how frustrated we were--it was so nice to talk to someone who understood
planning Enrichment activities together
you sharing your testimony after you had Chance and your amazing example and faith during that difficult time
sitting by you at the Columbus temple
LOTS of amazing memories--I'm so thankful we're friends!
Cincinnati Reds Game and shopping at the GAP Outlet. What more could a girl want? :) Damon got super constipated at Wendy's and we spent the whole lunch laughing at his hysterical constipated faces. Poor kid.
Krystal,
When I think of you, I think of immense strength and beauty. You are a beautiful mother and have always been an amazing example to me. I have to say that like Kelly, my most memorable moment with you was when you shared your testimony after losing your baby. I felt my own testimony grow in that very moment.
Luv ya girl!
Sarah
PS- Your enchiladas were awesome! I remember Darin saying that I should put more chicken in mine because I'm always so cheap w/ it! LOL
Post a Comment