Last weekend all the Trapnell boys took a bunch of the kids camping/fishing at Fish Lake for two days. Damon was so excited to go, and even let Jeff talk him into hiking another high point. Jeff, Damon, our nephew Michael and Greg's dog, Vegas, set off on an 8.5 mile hike. Yes, that's right. MILES. Up to an 11,000 foot peak. When I heard about it, I thought they were crazy, but Jeff said the book listed it as a moderate hike and he thought it would be okay. Five and a half hours later, he wasn't so sure. He said the boys did really well, but were both so exhausted at the end that he had to carry them (in shifts) the last couple of miles. This is Damon and Michael at the top of the peak. Damon carried this feather with him all the way. In fact, Jeff said he didn't put the feather down the entire trip.
In the meantime, Allie and I had a girl's weekend. We painted our toenails, tried on lotion and lip gloss, got ice cream from McDonald's and Dairy Queen, and watched Michael Phelps. Good times. Allie has added a new item to her wardrobe: a swimsuit. It must be easier to put on than anything else, because although we haven't been swimming in weeks, she wears one nearly every day. This one made me laugh. Jeff is wondering if I can get one just like it.

Damon and Allie made a "fort" under the stairs outside. They filled it with pillows and spent quite a while hanging out there. Damon even protected them from the spider by blocking its web with a pillow. I'd rather not know the details. This isn't the best pic of Allie, but I love it of Damon.
9 comments:
I can't believe they went on that long of a hike. Damon will probably always remember it because it was so exhausting. Allie cracks me up with that swimsuit. She is a character. I hope Damon finds some friends soon. That is so hard and I bet you feel so sad. If my Ally were a boy and his age she would go right up to him and be his friend. She has no fear. I hope someone will soon start to just be his friend so he won't be lonely.
The pictures are adorable. The swimsuit shot is hilarious. The picture of Damon and Allie is so sweet, there is pure joy on Damon's face. Don't you love it when you get a natural smile from your kids. My kids love saying cheese when there is a camera around and in each picture that is taken I can still see them saying cheese.
I am sure Damon will have some buddies very soon. My nephew went through the same thing. My sister-in-law would tell me how he would eat lunch alone and it broke her heart. He has since adjusted and has made some really good friends. I am sure Damon will be the same.
I don't know if you can see what time I am posting, but it is really late at night. I think I just woke all my kids up by laughing at the picture of Allie with the comment about Jeff. I am talking about the laugh that turns into a cry. She is so stinking funny.
Girls nights are the best. Cute pictures!
Me, Dad and Kimmy all had a good laugh at the Allie/swimsuit picture. And I can't believe Damon looks so GROWN up in that last picture, how did that happen in a week? I hope his next week at school is great. (Amazing that he did that hike, with a feather no less. Cute.)
That swimsuit pict. of Allie is awesome! I bet Jeff does wish you had one just like it (just kidding Jeff)! I am impressed with the hiking abilities of your boys. Looks like they are having some fun camping trips.
It's so fun to see your kids and be updated on your family.You're kids are getting so big and are so cute! I know all about the fort thing-my kids LOVE forts! They are such a mess, but it keeps them entertained, and gives me time to blog :)
Why do the "first day of school" pictures always age kids like 10 years? Damon looks so darling and so old!! Here's to him finding some awesome friends soon. That cafeteria story made me sad for the little guy. Maybe he could teach some of his schoolmates how to do the splits? That's a sure fire way to popularity.
Poor Damon. Hope school goes better. It is so hard not knowing anyone.
Post a Comment