So, I tried to read slowly and make it last. I managed all of three days. I finished Breaking Dawn last night, and you can read my review HERE. Don't read if you don't want anything spoiled.
This week without Jeff has been full of highs and lows.
Lows: Allie having a very hard time obeying and receiving several spankings, Allie waking up wet again (after weeks of being dry every morning), Allie sneaking things and lying about it (are we seeing a pattern here?), doing a Tae Bo workout three days ago and being so sore that I could barely get up and down, the toilet getting clogged and there's no one here but me to try to fix it,
Highs: Damon laughing in delight as he sang "She'll be Comin' Round the Mountain," specifically the verse that says, "she'll have to sleep with granny when she comes;" Allie getting to paint with watercolors while KyKy was sleeping and laughing in delight as she turned the water different colors; the kids eating dinner so great, even when they thought they didn't like it; Kyla doing errands for me, like putting her diaper in the trash or taking things to Allie; the awesome weather we've been having with just a tiny hint of fall in the air; and my favorite memory from the week, which lasted all of three seconds. Kyla was wearing Allie's purple dancing skirt (which she thought was so fun) and she came into the kitchen and found the broom and swept the floor. She looked so big (sorry no pictures, Jeff has the camera on his river trip), and I couldn't help but hear "Sing Sweet Nightengale" as she swept, my little Cinderella (and yes, I know Cinderella never wore her gown when she was doing housework, but it was just the moment).
So, it's been good. We'll meet up with Jeff tomorrow and head to St. George for the weekend. Should be fun!
4 comments:
Sounds pretty good for a week without your big helper home. So cute about your little Cinderella. Have fun on your weekend trip!
Glad your high list is shorter than your low list! I loved your post about the olympics!
It sucks when the hubby is gone!
I am such a flake I meant to write back a memory of you. I loved that you left one on mine. I must say one of my favorite memories of you was playing steal the flag. I always wished I was as athletic as you. It was so fun to be on your team you would get us so pumped up. The hydrotubing event was very memorable too. I chipped my front tooth that night when we ran into each other in the hydrotube trying to make a train...OH the good ol' days.
I'm so impressed that your high list is twice the length of your low list! Overall it sounds like a great week but I'm sure next week will be even better w/ your hubby back.
Post a Comment