I am a fairly simple girl. I don't need a lot to make me happy. Or at least content. As we have been looking for a house, I realize that there aren't a lot of things that really matter to me. But occasionally I find myself thinking about things that would be NICE to have. They aren't critical to my happiness, and I'm not in a big rush to have them, but I will put them on my "If We Have Extra Money Someday List." Here are a few items from that list:
1. A Sleep Number Bed. I like my bed soft, Jeff likes it a little more firm. And for the last year or so, I have been the one to get my way. I bought the pillow top memory foam from Costco for my birthday and I loved the comfy softness. But now that we are in the basement, we are sleeping in a huge king bed and the memory foam doesn't fit anymore. I am missing it. Jeff is not. So, my conclusion is that it would be nice to have a bed that we could each set however we wanted.
2. A hot tub. With a really good cover that children can't remove. While maintaining a pool seems like way too much work for me, I think we could handle a hot tub. I have always loved a good soak (we had a special relationship with "Mr. J," Alisha's hot tub, in high school), and I think it would be so nice to put the kids to bed and relax on a cool fall night. Or in the middle of the day during the winter.
3. A Yamaha digital baby grand piano. Ah, the piano of my dreams. And what an amazing thing it is. I will definitely have to wait for that one, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that the owner of a piano store has a house full of teenagers who need braces. Maybe we could work out some sort of trade.
4. A really sweet set of pots and pans. For the past eight years (almost), we have used nothing but wedding gift pots and pans. They are nothing special, and I am looking forward to the day that I can replace them with something better. I asked for some for Christmas and then found out the ones I really wanted were $300 at Costco. That didn't happen. Just before we left Jacksonville, I showed Jeff one of our bigger pots, and how the bottom that was once black was now scraped silver. "That can't be good," he said. "We need a new pot." So I went and bought one at Target for $15. I haven't seen it since we moved to Utah. So, I'm still using the wedding gifts. Only we're down one medium size one pot, and the rest are threatening to break at any moment.
5. A Mac. Our pc is less than two years old, and at times I am ready to throw it out the window. It has major problems with printing, and at times will refuse to work for reasons I can't fathom. I have heard such good things about Macs and how virtually problem-free they are, and I am dreaming of the day we say good-bye to computer problems for good!
6. A sweet washer and dryer. I watched this demo about the Whirlpool Cabrio and I was sold. Too bad they are so dang expensive!
7. This really awesome water filter/softener system that was presented to us in Florida. Seriously, the water was amazing. I was sold when I saw how great pure water cleans anything and everything! Jeff was sold when he tasted the water. If someone comes knocking, offering a free gas card for listening to a water presentation, do it!!
That is a short list. I reserve the right to add anything at any time. It is MY list after all. What things would be on your "wish list?"
11 comments:
Amen to all of that! I am adding a spa membership to my wishlist. Samuel is adding a helicopter. :)
I forgot that we named the jacuzzi. hahaha.
I just got my first set of "nicer" pans, they are hard anodized (can't go in the dishwasher, eck...) but I'll let you know if they're good.
I'd like one of everything on your list, but I'd trade a large jacuzzi with jets in the master bedroom for the hot tub. Controlling the chemicals on our hot tub at home was my job, and not fun.
Oh, I would like to make enough money to just get by each month. I know one day, but now would be nice. I would also like a ride on lawnmower as it takes me two hours to mow my lawn each week and then I am exhausted the rest of the day. I would also like a few camera lenses, but this list could just keep going on and on so I will end with that.
I love it! I totally have a wish list! 99% of mine I won't get for a long time though. I am going to add a steam shower! They are amazing! New pots and pans is at the top of my list right now. Most likely because it is the most realistic! Hhhmmm what else.... oh an amazing huge backyard. I want a gated pool, sports court, dirt bike track, soccer field, etc. Then all the neighbor kids will be able to play and I won't have to worry about my kids when they are outside playing!
ooo... great list! i would just like to say that macs are the greatest things ever! you should totally buy a new mac... pc's are horrendous!
I like your list.
All's I know is when I worked for an Orthodontist, he could have whatever, whenever.
Same will be for you Id imagine.
At the top of my list right now: being able to set the thermostat below 75 without going into the poor house...it's HOT here!
By the way, I love how you introduced your list as "not essential to my happiness." So often you hear people say they NEED or HAVE TO HAVE things when really, lots of people get by with a lot less than we already have. I love that about you. Having said that, I hope you one day get every single thing on your current and future wish lists:)
Ok, so funny about the sleep number bed because Kyle and I have the same problem. Right now I sleep on a feather bed folded over on my side because he wants nothing to do with it. I like to sleep on a cloud, he likes to sleep on a board. I also need new pots and pans as mine are black and scratched on the bottom and were wedding gifts as well. I think my top priority right now is a new house. I am desperate to have my own home as we have been living in this basement for 4 years now. And with a third child on the way, I think we'll have to nail its crib to the roof.
Since we still have a year of school and debt to pay back I try not to dream about my wish list (at least not yet - maybe in 6 months or so - when Dave starts interviewing for jobs). But I agree 100% with the Washer and Dryer wish! I think I will actually be EXCITED to do laundry when I can go and pick out my dream washer and dryer (and when it won't take at least two cycles on my dryer to get all our clothes dry)! I would also love to have the new pots and pans someday too!
You DEFINITELY need to buy a Mac. Oh, yes. I'm glad we've never had a PC. I think it's so fun to have wish lists, but part of the fun is that you know most of these will stay wishes...
Post a Comment