To: Mrs. Wayment
Re: Things You Should Know About My Son
This isn't the first time I have turned my son, my sweet Damon, over to the care of someone for the majority of his days, but that doesn't mean it's not painful to do so. There are so many things I want to tell you about him, and I'm so excited that you get to know him. He's an incredible boy, and you're lucky to have him.
Damon is a happy boy with an infectious laugh. He is easily delighted, and his eyes shine with excitement for life. He has got the kindest, sweetest heart, and needs life to be kind to him. He has always been uncomfortable with drama of any kind, and can't bear to be a part of something that has the potential to end unhappily. He experiences anxiety frequently, but is learning to be brave.
Damon has always been more comfortable around adults than children his own age, and doesn't make friends easily. However, he craves companionship, and will be fiercely loyal to the friends he does have. He will be respectful of you and he will do what you ask of him.
While he may not get into trouble often, he does have a tendency to occasionally let silliness over rule his better judgment. It won't take much correction for him to feel remorseful. No one will be a harsher critic of him than he will be, and he will punish himself more effectively than you ever could.
Damon loves to learn, and will pick things up easily. He may, at times, act like a show-off, but realize he is only trying to impress you, the newest person in his life. He will usually give you a good effort, but will always need encouragement to do better. He's not going to push himself.
At times, he may get emotional, especially if he feels he is going to fail at something. But he is determined, and that determination will eventually win out. He is also very affectionate, and responds well to physical contact as affirmation of his behavior.
I love my son. And I know that you will, too. I hope that during this year, you get to know all about him. Because even though there are things about him that will drive you crazy, he will win you over with those big green eyes and dimpled cheeks. Thank you for taking on the responsibility of teaching him in this all-important year. Help him to be a better student and a better friend. And then, please, give him back to me. I can't imagine my life without him.
Sincerely,
Krystal Trapnell
10 comments:
You should copy this and sent it to schooo with Damon. This shows just what a special little boy he is. I am sure as the year go by this year he will be special to her also. My girls always loved there teachers.(all but one I can think of) Good luck this year in school Damon.
That was really sweet. Makes me want to write something for Kason just so I and he can remember how I felt when he was this age. Cute!:)
wow... what a great love you have for damon and all of your other kids! i definitely think you should send his teacher this letter... i think it would really mean a lot to her! damon is so cute! i hope i get to someday meet him!
That's so cute. I need to write something like that about all my kids so I can remember them like this. But I don't think I'm as eloquent in my writing as you are! I love you "those" days post too. I had one of "those" this week also. Thanks for inviting me to your blog!
You always make me cry when you get all sentimental--very sweet!
I got your letter yesterday and am so excited to try out the cd! Awesome!
Perfect!! I always asked the parents of my students to do something like that, and I was always surprised at how many people blew it off. His teacher will greatly appreciate it and Damon will too when the time is right. So genuine!
I love that your teacher asked you this and even more I love your response. You should give it to her. IT is so HONEST and heartfelt. I think it is so great that you understand Damon so well. I wonder if I could explain my children that well.
That was so sweet. It made my eyes water. :)
Wow! You are what we teachers call the ideal parent!!!
I would love to have a student like this! Is he ready for 5th grade yet? That's my grade!
Loved it. Wish I could say the same for Tanner. Maybe I'll write a letter anyway.
Post a Comment