Monday, July 20, 2009
A clip of Allie
This morning Allie was in a bad mood. I have no idea why, but when I heard her in the garage crying, I grabbed the camera. This is classic Allie (I apologize, it's a little dark). A few things of note:
1. I don't usually let her get away with behavior like this, but wanted to have it all documented. A screech like that is enough to get her locked away in her room; her behavior to Damon enough to get another timeout.
2. Really, nothing had happened to set her off. She had been up for at least thirty minutes, eating breakfast, getting dressed, when suddenly mean monster Allie appeared.
3. I love all the classic stages of tantrum-throwing things, wailing, hands on hips, hitting, and slamming doors. All in thirty seconds.
4. Be it known, after I put shoes on her and forced her into the car, she stopped crying and went to school without further incident. When I picked her up, I told her, "You were in a really bad mood this morning," to which she responded, "I was playing a trick on you."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Loved it! I laughed out loud when I saw her throwing the helmet! That is classic Luke Strong! That was an awesome throw too!I go through it on an hourly basis it seems!! Your home is beautiful Krystal! You are living the dream girl! Congrats!! I am moving in! GET READY!
Shoot, I can't help but laugh as I watched this post...I was just about to start my post of the day by asking how we are supposed to keep control of our "responses" to this kind of behavior...Emilee is now almost 3 and just starting all of this nasty behavior. Ugh...this is one of the worst parts of being a mom...
I think you posted that just so the rest of us feel ok about our own kids. They all have their moments of throwing things and screaming...well, heck! Don't we all??! Classic!
lolllll oh allie booty ballie!
That is so funny. She will look back one day and laugh at her trick on you.
My favorite part is Damon totally laughing at her, and fully aware of you filming her. Older brothers are awesome :)
I feel a little better about Mierae's tantrums now, even though she gets REALLY violent, and REALLY loud when she gets mad. But then she calms down and thinks nothing happened! I wonder what would happen if we got our girls together... :)
I've seen this before...it was just at my house, with a different kid. :)
I videotaped Gabe's tantrums so he would appreciate me more once he's an adult with kids. Kyle said I'm always great at planning ahead! Ha! :)
too funny. really, i'm sure we shouldn't laugh, but as moms we know that this too shall pass. these tantrums are but a small moment of our day. thanks for documenting.
She sounds exactly like my daughter, Sydney. I should film her also so she can see how silly and irrational she looks!
Okay, I'm just catching up on all these posts. I LOVE THIS ONE! I wish I could figure out how to upload video on mine because Dane's tantrums are doooooozies. Glad to know the scream isn't restricted to our house only...
Post a Comment