This is our next door neighbor's backyard. Thankfully, they are more than willing to share, as our backyard (and front yard for that matter) are full of weeds that grow at the speed of sound (not quite the speed of light). The girls were just sitting in the car and I thought it was sweet how Kyla had her arm around Allie.
This is from Sunday dinner at the Trapnell's. We thought it was pretty funny.
Damon started swim lessons while Allie is in preschool, and I learned after the first day that Kyla was not going to sit still and watch him swim for 30 minutes. So, during his swim lessons, I have been putting her in the backpack and walking around the track just outside the rec center. It's a decent workout--I can go about a mile and a quarter in the 20-25 minutes I have--with the added weight, and it's very doable even in 90 degree weather. Yesterday as I was nearing the end of my last lap, I decided to do a few lunges to really feel the burn. I was going to try to do the whole turn of the track, but quickly realized I was fooling myself. I probably went about 25 yards before I thought I would collapse and die. Seriously, my quads were protesting loudly. And I am so sore today I can barely walk. Especially up and down the stairs. Oh, the torture. I am sore basically from my knee caps to my hips. On both sides of the legs. You ought to try it for yourself, just to see what it's like.
3 comments:
I don't want to feel the Burn, Krystal but thanks for trying to keep me in shape (or get me back in shape). I'm glad there is someone out there who doesn't have a fun yard to play in either. We got plenty of DIRT!!
love that little smushed face shot.
Splits?!! maybe in 10 years we will see Damon on SYTYCD!!
very impressed that damon did that hike! way to go!
Post a Comment