Didn't all girls grow up dreaming about what their kids were going to look like? Or at least think about it a time or two while staring into the eyes of the boy she just KNEW was going to be her husband? Or was that just me? Now that I have three kids that I am forced to look at on a fairly regular basis, it is fun to see what things they have in common, and which of those things I am responsible for, and which ones came from Jeff.
Jeff has gorgeous eyes. A blue green that changes color depending on which shirt he is wearing. I, on the other hand, have very average brown eyes that always look brown. I'm not bitter, it's just the truth. All of my siblings have dark eyes (brown or some version of hazel), and so I thought that my kids would probably never get their daddy's pretty eyes, but would be stuck with my average eyes. I was wrong. My kids all have beautiful eyes. Thanks to their daddy.
8 comments:
I have always wanted to do a dress like that on Sammie, but I keep putting it off. I better just do it! I saw one lady frame her daughter's pictures from the ages 3-18. It was so neat!
That shirt idea is so cute! I think I'm too late to start that with my kids though. Your kids eyes are awesome. And I did think the same things when dating pretty much every guy growing up. I thought my kids also would end up with my dark brown eyes but so far none have them. They range from light brown to hazel! Cameron has blue/green eyes so none of our kids got our eye color.
ooo...I think Ally has my vote! I've had the same thoughts. Jason's eyes are GORGEOUS! They all got his eyes...just different colors! What a fun post...might have to steal it! ;)
I still can't believe the brown eyed genes aren't popping up yet! You're lucky. Colored eyes seem cooler than brown. My girls are 2 for 2. Well, Annaliese is getting there. Maybe she'll get a good version of hazel brown.
What a cute idea to take Damon's picture in his dad's shirt! Do you do it with your girls, too? I love that Damon wants to be a temple worker! That has been the biggest blessing in my life! The first day I ever worked at the temple was June 6, 1997. I worked in the morning, and that night, I was at the Delta Center cheering on John and Karl as they faced Michael in the NBA Finals!!!
Lucky kids to all have such beautiful eyes. And that is such a cute idea to have Damon in Jeff's shirt... you're very creative.
Watcha gonna spend our large sum of newly acquired money on?? :)
happy birthday damon!
i love all of their eyes, for sure, but Allie's are my personal fav. out of those 3 pics. I am coming up next week for a training all week. I don't know what free time I have, but I will text you!
There's a sparkle in each! I can't decide!
Post a Comment