Wow, I have a lot of pictures to go through! Let's start with Damon's birthday. He turned seven on July 2, a day he has been looking forward to for many months. He wanted to do something really fun, but we didn't want to spend a lot of money. Our compromise was to use a trade that Jeff has with The Quarry rock climbing place, which worked out really well. He invited 6 cousins to come climb with him, and thankfully, my dad and Wayne were in town to help belay the kids (Jeff and I, along with my Uncle Tom were belaying as well). The kids had a great time. Even the little kids, like Kyla and Tara's twins, got to climb and loved it.
Ready to climb!
Damon and David making their way up the wall
Mama belaying (just because there aren't a lot of pictures of me on here)
Allie giving it a try with my dad belaying
He requested sushi and salmon for dinner, along with corn and cottage cheese. Yummy. Much better than the fish sticks Allie wanted. Unfortunately, the sushi wasn't that great. But I didn't tell him that. Just FYI-don't buy it at Albertson's. Next time I will go to Costco.

All my family was in town for the 4th, so we invited everyone back for cake and ice cream after the party. Here is Damon's cake. Nothing fancy, but he seemed happy with it.

We sure love this kid and are so glad to have him as part of our family!
He requested sushi and salmon for dinner, along with corn and cottage cheese. Yummy. Much better than the fish sticks Allie wanted. Unfortunately, the sushi wasn't that great. But I didn't tell him that. Just FYI-don't buy it at Albertson's. Next time I will go to Costco.
All my family was in town for the 4th, so we invited everyone back for cake and ice cream after the party. Here is Damon's cake. Nothing fancy, but he seemed happy with it.
We sure love this kid and are so glad to have him as part of our family!
5 comments:
that sounds like one awesome birthday to me!!!! what cool parents you two are!
Way fun! And cute hair, by the way. I can't believe he is 7.
Cute song, cute boy. Sushi and salmon- what a guy.
I'm sure it's so easy to get a ticket here. We're in town just for the day and there are cops at every corner!
I can't believe your 7 year old wanted sushi and Salmon for dinner. And that rock climbing party looked perfect. My kids would love that (not the dinner though).
Nothing fancy!? The last couple of cakes I've seen from you have been awesome!! Happy Birthday Damon!!! We can't believe you're 7!
Post a Comment