Thursday, July 09, 2009

Quick catch up

Before we get to the Fourth of July celebration, I found a couple old pictures I need to catch up with. First is my haircut. Damon took this pic of me holding my 9 inch ponytail. I sent it to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths, which does wigs specifically for cancer patients. FYI Locks of Love makes wigs mostly for kids with alopecia, which is a worthy cause, but not something I have experienced personally, which is why I went with Pantene. I don't love my hair (I think the layers sometimes look funny), but I'm getting used it. It's just hair, and it grows back.

Oh, and here's the before, in case you wanted to see just how much there was to cut.



This second picture is from a couple of weeks ago. Jeff and I spent the morning getting the garage cleaned out, and now we can park both cars in! It is hard getting in (our driveway is pretty narrow), but I am getting better at it after only one scraping of the side of the van. Oops!


And here's one Allie took of herself. Allie was completely worn out from the Fourth of July festivities. Yesterday we were at Seven Peaks and she started looking really tired around 5:00. She fell asleep on the way home, and there was nothing I could do to wake her up. Finally, around 7:00, I put her in her jammies and took her to the potty, sure she would wake up sometime during the night. She slept until after 6:00 this morning. Wow, she must have REALLY needed some rest. All those late nights, coupled with the constant waking up scared really caught up to her!

And one funny story. I gave her an old MP3 player that she has been listening to, and pretending is a phone/camera. One morning at breakfast she was playing with it, and I said, "Allie, you need to hurry and finish your breakfast." Her response? Just as any teenager would, she said, "Just a sec. I'm texting."

9 comments:

BBC said...

that's hilarious! i can't believe that she said she was texting! how cute is she?

K Western said...

I can't believe your hair was that long!
I haven't posted in a while, but looks like you've been busy. I LOVE your new house! Congrats!!! Good luck settling in. I am so happy for you!

Greg and Tammy said...

I like the short hair! Looks cute! And Happy Bday to Damon! Can't believe that chubby little kid we played with in Ohio is seven!! NUTS! That's funny he wanted sushi! I LOVE me some Costco California rolls! Glad to know to avoid Albertson's. :)

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

When we saw you guys last month I remember thinking - Krystal's hair is shorter than I remembered but I never said anything! Do you know how long your hair has to be to donate it? Lauren and I were talking about it the other day and we might try to grow our hair out and do the same thing! I don't know if anyone will want my dry hair but I think someone would love Lauren's red hair!

Laurie said...

I love your hair. It is fun to have a change, even for a little while.
I love Kyla singing and it is fun to hear your voice. Hope all is settling down.

Angie said...

I think your hair looks great! I love your shorts in that first picture too, very cute! I am also curious as to why your husband had to have braces 3 times! Yikes! I just got my spacers in and I am hurting. Did you have braces too? I hope your husband's orthodontic business is doing well -if I was closer I would have for sure come to him.

ROB AND HOLLY said...

I really like your hair - I think that's the shortest I have seen it, but I like it!

Lisha said...

Your hair looks great! I love the story about "texting."

Rebecca said...

Your hair looks great. I can't believe you had 9 inches to donate and your hair is still quite long. I'd have to have a short bob to be able to donate that much.