Tuesday, January 05, 2010

2009 Recap

2009 Year in Review

1. What did you do in 2009? Moved out of the basement and into our new home in Orem.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I wasn't perfect. Not even close. But I did alright. Time to start again.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Noel and Tara both had girls. Time for another boy!

4. Did anyone close to you die? Again, thankfully, no.

5. What countries did you visit? Caribbean cruise, if it counts. St. Thomas, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, and Barbados, as well as Puerto Rico

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A yard. A few furnishings in our house.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? My mom's birthday in May, spent in San Diego.

8. What was your biggest personal achievement of the year? Unpacking and organizing our new house.

9. What was your biggest failure? Can't think of one.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Kyla was hospitalized with swine flu. Definitely the worst of the illnesses we had this year.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Our house. I love it so.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Damon for starting his fourth school in three years and instantly making friends.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Obama's attempt at health care reform, Jon and Kate Gosselin, and Tiger Woods.

14. Where did most of your money go? Our house.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My brother, Eric, coming home from his mission, a girls trip with my mom and aunt to San Diego, moving into our new house (see a theme with this house bit?)

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? I have a few. Too many to count by Lady Gaga. "You Belong with Me," and "Love Story" by Taylor Swift, "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas, "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus, "Battlefield" by Jordin Sparks," "Single Ladies" by Beyonce, "Hot and Cold" by Katy Perry, and a bunch by Kelly Clarkson ("My Life would Suck Without You," "Already Gone," and "I do not Hook Up")

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer? a) happier. b) much fatter. c) poorer in the short term, but investing in our house should make us richer in the long term

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Throwing up

20. Did you fall in love in 2008? I loved Jacob Black a little more after New Moon came out

21. What was your favorite TV program? Hoarders and Big Bang Theory was our new addition this year. And Parks and Recreation.

22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope

23. What was the best book you read? Hunger Games, The Book Thief, When You Reach Me

24. What was your greatest musical discovery? Pandora radio on my iPhone

26. What did you want and not get? A bike and bike trailer for the second straight year. Hopefully soon!

27. What was your favorite film of this year? Up, New Moon and Harry Potter 6 are up there, too.

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 30 and got hit on twice in one week (once at Krispie Kreme and once while driving in my van. I was visibly pregnant, too...)

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? BYU to have beaten FSU.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Maternity clothes, bleh!

31. What kept you sane? A cruise in February

32. When you think about 2009 what sticks out in your mind? Starting over with a new ward, new neighbors and a new life. We're loving it!

33. Best moment of 2009? Easter, when my family was having a little testimony meeting and my mom and BIL finally admitted how much they loved each other. So amazing!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I might have to copy your post, with my own answers, for my blog. I'm having bloggers block right now and maybe this will help out. I love reading your answers. And I loved The Book Thief (and Hunger Games too, just not as much).

Heather B said...

Great post and I especially loved #33. :) That really was a great moment.

Anonymous said...

I always love to read posts about year reviews. Great job!

Christina Mangelson said...

I should start doing these. It is amazing how much we are alike. We love the same things.