Monday, January 11, 2010

Sweet Kyla

This little girl has a very tender heart. She loves people, and she is very concerned for anyone who is hurting. She will be a great Relief Society president one day.

Yesterday, during the Sacrament, I was talking to her about Jesus and how we drink the water to remind us of Jesus' blood. Her brow furrowed in deep concern as I described thorns being placed on his head, causing him to bleed. She looked at me with those eyes filled with love and whispered, "Jesus is my friend. I will get a rag and wipe it off. " Then she smiled that big smile shown above. How could I do anything but rearrange her on my shrinking lap and hug her as close as my protruding belly would allow?

3 comments:

Jenn Whitesides said...

Hey! I hadn't blogged in a while so it was fun to catch up your family! I think you set very high goals for your new years resolution and impressed that you reached most of them...despite your tough grading system! I don't think I even made any for myself! I was impressed that you are already teaching Kyla the symbolism of the sacrament. Maybe I oughta step it up a notch with my kids??

Heather B said...

Oh! So sweet! Tears in my eyes.

Jamie W said...

So tender!