Thursday, January 07, 2010

How did you do?

I never like to go back and revisit my resolutions from previous years. Probably because I didn't keep them. But now it's time to create some more for 2010, so it's inevitable that the resolutions from 2009 are revisited. Here's how I did...(gulp)

Personal Goals
1. Scripture reading in the mornings--hit and miss. I finished the D&C and started the New Testament. I'd give myself a B-.
2. Exercise three times a week--again, hit and miss. But a big miss the last couple months, as I can barely walk up the stairs without getting winded and experiencing pain in my legs and below my belly. Grade: C
3. Blog turned into Blurb books--2006, 2007, and 2008 are done. It was a lot of work, but so much fun. I don't know if I have enough from 2009 to create a book, so I am going to hold off for now. Grade: A+
4. Scrapbook pages finished and printed--I have finished up through September, but have printed none. Grade: B.
5. Read one book a month, keep up in Ensign and RS lessons--I did pretty well here. My book total for the year was 45 (some juvenile books, some adult books), which isn't bad. I can do better with the other reading, though. Grade: B.
6. Practice piano every day and memorize songs--I probably played an average of 2-3 days a week. And I have no songs completely memorized. But it's a great improvement from 2008, so that's good, right? Grade: B-.

Family Goals
1. Read Book of Mormon Sunday-Thursday right after dinner--we are still in Alma, and we have been reading for two years now. Not great. Grade: C
2. Family prayer twice a day--we are great about night time prayer. Not so good about morning prayer. Grade: C+
3. Date nights once a month with the kids--not bad. We definitely haven't made it monthly, but Damon and Allie both have had multiple date nights this year. Grade: B
DAMON-night time prayers, 20 minutes of reading a day--great with reading, not great with night time prayers. Grade:B-
ALLIE-night time prayers--not great. Grade: C
JEFF AND KRYSTAL-temple once a month. We probably made it 9 times this year. Not quite what we were going for, but we're still working on it. Grade: B-.

Well, what's our GPA? KRYSTAL=2.9 FAMILY=2.45 (I used a GPA counter found HERE, and had all "courses" worth 3 credits) .

2010 resolutions to come soon. I think I need to add some "gimme" courses to ensure a better year.

4 comments:

The Calico Crew said...

Have you considered underwater basketweaving?

Christina Mangelson said...

2.9, no......That is so much better than we do. If you are a 2.9 I am a 1.2. Maybe this will get me motivated. Love ya :)

Angie said...

I still need to work on putting my blog in a book. I keep putting it off, but you are motivating me! I also want to start doing dates with my kids. I think you are doing great!

K Western said...

That was fun to read. Looks like you did a great job!! I need to do better at my goals.