Friday, January 22, 2010

36+ weeks

We made our last trip to St. George (for a while) last weekend for my brother's missionary farewell. Good times, and a few more games of Settlers were enjoyed by all. We managed to squeeze in some family photos (I posted them all on Facebook, but here is one for my non FB friends), and I must say, it is so fun to take pictures when you are 36 weeks pregnant. Nothing better for the old self-esteem. This is the entire Esplin extended family as of last week. Baby Boy Trapnell is well accounted for, but not visible. I'm sure a lot will change before Jonny gets home from Argentina in 2012 (provided the world hasn't ended).


One of the favorite things for the kids to do is have a dance party to "Party in the USA." You can see the full feature on my cousin's FB account HERE if you are so inclined, but here is a clip of Kyla doing her favorite part. It makes me smile.



Now with all the partying (mostly) out of the way (we'll get to go to dinner with my parents and Jonny before he goes into the MTC), there are only a few things left to do before I'd consider us ready to have Baby Boy join our family. A few items I need to locate, clothes to be washed, a few freezer meals to be made, and then I'm ready. I just hope he will cooperate with my time line.

I had a non-stress test this morning and everything still looks fine. I am hoping that we fail next Friday (anytime we fail, it becomes "baby day"). My doctor can't induce me without reason until I am 39 weeks, so a fail becomes good news from here on out. Or if I go into labor on my own, but the earliest I have done that is 10 days early, so I'm not counting on that.

I am trying not to be anxious about it, because obviously I have no control over it, but I am starting to really feel big and uncomfortable. I have avoided taking any pictures of myself since 28 weeks, but I finally decided it was time. Here's the big 36+ week photo:

And I had to take one of me as I usually am, complete with the compression stockings and belly band I sport daily. Look at that big round belly. Fantastic. :)

I started taking Prilosec every morning for the nasty heartburn I have been having and what a miracle drug that has turned out to be! Seriously, it has saved me this last trimester as the heartburn had gotten worse and worse. I tipped the scales at 159 lbs on Wednesday. Wow, that's a lot! Yet another reason to hope I have this boy early.

We all (except Jeff) caught a little stomach bug this week. Kyla threw up first in the middle of the night on Monday, and Wednesday morning Allie threw up at the neighbor's house. Damon called from school at 11:00 feeling sick and I picked him up. Then, I started throwing up around 5:00. Man, oh man, were my stomach muscles sore after that. I must still have abs somewhere, because they were aching! Thankfully, it was a quick bug and we are all feeling back to normal today.

Now, we just wait. And try to be patient. And be glad that I'm not up all night with a newborn. And maybe decide on a name for the little guy, so we don't have to call him Roy (ha ha, that was funny Lana!).

10 comments:

lorimu said...

Kyla's dance is Awesome! I can't even imagine how much fun it was to see all of them doing it together. Good luck over the next few weeks. Hopefully you will fail your test soon :-)

P.S. 159 is not big!

Heather B said...

Try 179. Then you can complain. :)
I hope you fail soon!

Mariah said...

Good luck!! I hope your little baby boy comes soon. You look great, even if you don't think so!! Hey, I've been meaning to ask you how you turn your blog into blurb books? I want to do that with mine too, but don't have a clue how!

Michelle said...

It's not very often that you want to fail things, but good luck on failing!

Is that a belt you're wearing in those family photos? You can't be THAT big if you're wearing a belt!! I tipped the scales at a much higher weight than 159 during my "fat phase" on my mission. Thank goodness mine was only a phase and yours is too. You'll be back down at 102 lbs in no time at all!

Greg and Tammy said...

Man, i don't know how Jeff keeps his hands off you with that sexy belly band and compression stockings. Penthouse here you come! :) Good luck with everything as the birth gets closer! Wish I lived closer to help!!

BBC said...

i think you look fabulous!!!! can't wait to see your newest addition!

jaesi said...

BEAUTIFUL Esplin family. beautiful.

Honey...159 aint nothin. :)

Mik'L said...

Seriously...try 184 and then you can talk. You look great.

Russ, Julie, and Kids said...

I love seeing the whole Esplin family! So many new additions in the last few years!! You're looking great too! I hope he comes soon!

Anonymous said...

I seriously need one of those belly belts when I'm pregnant! I can't believe I had both my boys at 11 lbs. and never used one of those. It could've seriously made my life so much better. I had a bedtime cocktail I took every night that consisted of Mylanta pills and a couple other things for my horrendous heartburn. I'll try Prilosec next time! What a blessing! And you look great! There's no way I'll tell you how much I weighed!!