Bad Romance (Lady Gaga)
When Will my Life Begin? (Tangled)
The Edge of Glory (Gaga)
Dynamite (Taio Cruz)
I See the Light (Tangled)
I See the Light (Tangled)
Baby (Justin Beiber)
Firework (Katy Perry)
Hit me With Your Best Shot (Pat Benatar)
Baby One More Time (Britney Spears)
Before He Cheats
Jesus Take the Wheel (Carrie Underwood)
I'll Make a Man Out of You (Mulan)
Don't Stop Believin (Journey)
Hair (Gaga)
Man in the Mirror (Michael Jackson)
Never Say Never (Beibs)
California Gurls (Katy Perry)
Black or White (MJ)
Eye of the Tiger (Survivor)
Eye of the Tiger (Survivor)
Halo/Walkin on Sunshine (Glee)
Last Friday Night (Katy Perry)
I Won't Say I'm in Love (Hercules)
Barbie Girl (Aqua)
Alone (Heart)
You're the One That I Want (Grease)
Lucky 4 You (SheDaisy)
Love Story
Picture to Burn
Our Song
Haunted
Shoulda said No (Taylor Swift)
The Circle of Life
Can't Wait to be King (Elton John)
Phantom of the Opera
Axel F
Written in the Stars (Tinie Tempah)
Viva la Vida (Coldplay)
Paparazzi (Gaga)
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper)
At the Beginning (Anastasia)
Poker Face (Gaga)
The Boys are Back (High School Musical 3)
Single Ladies (Beyonce)
Hot and Cold (Katy Perry)
Hot and Cold (The Chipettes)
No Air (Jordin Sparks)
The Climb (Miley Cyrus)
On the Floor (J-Lo)
Price Tag (Jessie J)
Walking in Memphis (Marc Cohn)
You Spin me Round (the Chipmunks)
True Colors (Cyndi Lauper)
Your Love is my Drug (Ke$ha)
My Life would Suck without You
Breakaway (Kelly Clarkson)
Bleeding Love (Leona Lewis)
Because of You (Kelly Clarkson)
Favorite Girl (Justin Beibs)
Fall for You (Secondhand Serenade)
Fix You (Coldplay)
Electric Chapel (Gaga)
Landslide (Dixie Chicks)
Hotel California (Eagles)
The Final Countdown (Europe)
Shake it Up (Selena Gomez)
You are the Music in Me (HSM2)
No One (Alicia Keys)
Set Fire to the Rain (Adele)
The Middle (Jimmy Eat World)
Telephone (Beyonce and Gaga)
Tonight Tonight (Hot Chelle Rae)
Tonight Tonight (Hot Chelle Rae)
Born This Way (Gaga)
Watch Me (from Shake it Up)
You and I (gaga)
Once Upon a December
Phineas and Ferb theme song
A Whole New World
Almost There
A Dream is a Wish (Disney)
Blue (da ba dee) Eiffel 65
Who Says (Selena Gomez)
Party in the USA (Miley)
and a bunch of songs from Camp Rock and Camp Rock 2.
Quite the list. And my input was fairly minimal. She wanted Teenage Dream. I said absolutely not. I let her have Born this Way, but we had a lengthy discussion about how I don't agree with everything the song is about. We talked about how you should never use "I was born this way" as an excuse. Just because you think you weren't born with musical talents or math abilities doesn't mean you shouldn't succeed anyway. We also had to have a talk about how Lady Gaga is not a person we want to look up to and emulate (she does love her Gaga), but we can appreciate how catchy her songs are.
In some ways, this goes against my better judgment, letting her be involved in popular music. But I think it's better that we have open communication about what the songs are about (as much as she is able to understand) than shielding her from them all. At least this way I still have control over what it is she is listening to.
4 comments:
Thank you! This came just in time. We are getting Elanor an I pod (is that what they are?) for her 8th bday and loading it with songs. I just don't know which ones. This will help me a ton!
ha! this list rocks.
i just want you to know that I had "hair" stick in my head for about 2 weeks straight. I like the song, but listening to it over and over in my subconscious mind was awful.
Funny how they pick up on songs that you don't realize they even know. Payton has a play list too--fortunatley for him (and me) we don't know who sings them all or the titles so they are just not found :( bummer.
That is quite an eclectic list of music. Love the Disney shows in the same list as lady gaga. :)
Post a Comment