Damon's corn plant produced three, delicious ears of corn. Seriously, it was the best corn I had all summer. We are seriously thinking about planting some more next year because it was so yummy.
Carter has become a little obsessed with guns. Mostly Damon's Nerf gun, but another toy gun is fun for him, too. He will hunt for the darts, carefully insert them into the gun, and then find someone who can help him cock and fire. Then happily, he will chase the dart and start again. He will be highly entertained for quite some time doing this, until he can't stand it any longer and chews on the darts, thus rendering them incapable of being fired. I'm not sure how much longer this game can continue, as he is quickly running out of darts.
Fortunately, he also has taken a liking to other toys as well. Most notably, babies. He wants to take one to bed with him (as well as a book and a ball and sometimes a toy car) and when he can find a bottle, he likes to pretend to feed them. I'm training him early so maybe he'll like real babies a little better than his daddy...
Another thing Carter is really good at is making a mess. He didn't want to eat in his high chair anymore, so he now joins us at the big table, where he prefers to feed himself. This is what his area looks like on any given morning after breakfast.
In case you were wondering if I still lived here, or if the kids were basically running the show alone (as the pictures may lead you to believe), here's a self-portrait of me and my favorite little man. Lots of people say he looks like me. I still don't know where he came from.
3 comments:
Corn that grows?! Amazing! Earwigs are disgusting!!!
And even if you live there, doesn't it sometimes (read: all the time) feel like they're all running the show? Sometimes it feels like that around here. :)
1. earwigs are my most abhorred insect. seriously. nothing makes me sweat with straight disgust and fear than earwigs. really. they are so disgusting! however, i'm so glad you had fantastic corn!!!! they look great!
2. carter is so stinking cute. i love that picture of him with his doll. seriously adorable.
I hate earwigs. I think it's great that Carter like babies as of late. A current book I am reading says the world needs more boys playing with dolls! Also, looks like McKay, little stinker, is not going to have brown eyes. Oh well, still adorable.
Post a Comment