Our garden is doing awesome. I love gardening. And by "gardening," I mean "planting the plants, doing nothing to them at all, and harvesting them three months later." Our cherry tomato plant is going crazy and our other two tomato plants have a bunch of green tomatoes on them, too. Carter loves cherry tomatoes, and I'm sure he's trying to find some in this pic.
To the left, we planted onions, corn (Damon planted those from a seed at scouts and we transported), strawberries (which have been a huge waste of space, as we have gotten 3 strawberries from two plants), and squash, which gives us WAY too much squash. The small box ended up being the pepper box. There are two jalepeno plants (and those are spicy little devils!), chile pepper, two bell peppers, and sweet banana peppers. They are just starting to do really well and hopefully soon I'll be able to make salsa with (nearly) everything from my garden!
To answer the question about the rubber mulch: the only place we put it was around the trampoline, and we already had the curbing done. We got it mainly so it would be softer for the kids to land on when/if they fell off the tramp. Also it should last forever, as it doesn't get bugs like some other mulch does. I was worried it would get too hot during the day, but when it's REALLY hot, no one wants to jump anyway. It hasn't been a problem. Carter was happy to pose for this picture, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment