(Forgive my laziness. I just scanned a page out of my ever-so-amazing wedding album instead of digging through photos to find originals).When I first broke the news that I had met an RM, and I really quite liked him, to my mom, she didn't seem very excited. I was 19, in my second year at BYU, and was really planning on going on a mission. But instead of voicing any of those concerns, she just made fun of his last name. "What are we going to call him," she asked, "Trappy?"
In the 11 years we have been married, I don't think she has ever once called him "Trappy." Because once I decided that I wanted to marry him more than I wanted anything else, she was on board. And she loved him, too. Even when he took me FAR away from Utah for six years while he was going to school. AND, even though Tara said she wouldn't come to my wedding if I married him (give her a break--she was 16 and thought I should wait for my missionary to come home--), I think she loves him, too. Because Jeff is easy to love.
He's a hard worker, he's a great provider, he is happy and fun. He loves history and sports and laughs at my jokes. He is thoughtful and adventurous and wants nothing more than to travel the world together. And he loves me. What more could a girl ask for?
The last 11 years have been very good to us, and we are so blessed to have a beautiful family. But I think we are the most blessed because we have each other. Happy anniversary Jeff!
4 comments:
WOWZA!!! 11 years??? Kudos to you!
I love that our anniversaries are close. Happy anniversary!
Well, he is a pretty great guy. And you are one amazing girl yourself. The two of you are such a good fit. We love being around you both! And I know Porter envies Jeff for having a wife that knows the first thing about sports. :) Happy Anniversary!
Someday (hopefully soon) I'm going to have to meet Jeff. And one of these years I'm going to actually remember that your anniversary is on my bday!
Post a Comment