PHYSICAL
1. My goal is to have a natural birth.
**I tried my best. I got to the hospital fully dilated, pushed and pushed (and even endured the doctor's forceps in me for a short time), but McKay was not cooperative. SO, I had the epidural.
2. Post baby, I want to participate in a sprint triathlon.
**Um, nope. I didn't do that.
3. Get back to pre-baby weight.
**Nearly there. Just a couple pounds to go, and need to tone up!
MENTAL
1. Read 50 books and write reviews on Goodreads
**I read 40 and wrote reviews on Goodreads
2. Finish my blog book and get scrapbooks caught up
**My blog book got finished, scrapbooks, not so much.
3. Write more.
**I didn't do much writing at all.
SPIRITUAL
1. Keep up with the New Testament Sunday School lessons, and RS lessons
**I did okay at this, need to do better.
2. Do temple work for 50 people (endowments, initiatory, sealings) and write down all their names
**I didn't write down any of their names, so I have no idea how close I came to this goal. Bad.
3. Index 1,000 names for FamilySearch.
**I did do this. I got around 1200.
EMOTIONAL
1. Learn more techniques for dealing with anxiety and help my kids learn them too
**I read a book that helped me learn some things to teach Allie. I also learned how to get her out of her panicky stage, so that's a great thing.
2. Work hard not to be discouraged.
**I think I did pretty well at this.
FAMILY
My goal is no more yelling. I will ask nicely, and if I'm ignored, I won't lose my temper.
**Ha! That only lasted for a couple days.
Jeff's goals are to be more patient and to help out more
**He definitely did a great job at this, especially with the helping part.
Damon's is to deal with frustration in ways other than crying
**Damon is doing much better with this.
Allie's is to concentrate and stay focused
**doing better, can still use a little more attention
and Kyla's is to leave Carter alone.
**accomplished this, only because McKay came along and she had someone else to bug.
Okay, so we had our FHE a couple weeks ago about goal setting and we set some new goals. First, mine.
1. Read 50 books and write reviews on Goodreads (I needed to stick with this one again)
2. Read the Book of Mormon again (with the Sunday School outline)
3. Finish the YW Personal Progress, including projects, by myself
4. Get scrapbooks caught up and printed!!
That's all I have set in stone. The rest will come as I feel I can handle more.
As far as family goals, Jeff's is to hike 5 high points with Damon and to change 200 diapers this year
Damon's goals are to learn to read music instead of playing by ear and not to be so negative (or a better way to say that would be "to be more positive").
Allie's goal is to do a better job keeping her room clean. She has done horrible so far!
Kyla's goals are to learn to read and do a better job eating her dinner ("not her boogers," Allie added)
Carter's goal is to talk better. He is doing a great job every single day
McKay's is to learn to walk and to give up his bottle when he turns one.
As a family, we have a goal to finish the Book of Mormon together (should be fairly easy--we are at the end of Alma now) and to participate in the 5K on the 24th of July (the race Jeff spons0rs) together.
Should be an interesting year!
4 comments:
Great goals. Awesome job with the indexing! Kyla's goals last year and this year (and the associated comments) totally made me giggle. Love that.
love the follow up with the previous goals! Such honesty! I was wondering if you could give me some ways that YOU might have helped with Damon reaching his goal? I have a 'frustrated? must cry!' boy and wondered if you had something to help the 'frustrated! you make me wanna yell!' mom. Does that make any sense?
WOW, I had no idea you did indexing, when the heck did you have time to do 1200 names????
I agree with the Calico crew, SUCH HONESTY about your goals, I had a good laugh, but you forgot,.........YOU DID DO WRITING, you write the most terrific blog ever!! and your ability to WRITE shows in every post.
I do have to ask, How did Jeff decide how many diapers to change this year? for some reason I am not so sure he actually is the one that came up with that goal. lol
Good luck to Kyla on eating her FOOD at dinner time, that was a tough-y for me to get her to do too!
Oh, and I absolutely want to know the tips about anxiety, it still creeps up around my household, one person or another.
Love you lots!!
You are so good to document these goals. Has Damon started piano lessons? Lauren started this year and she does theory and it has been great for her. She is learning beats, note names, how to write music, etc. Good luck with all your goals!
Post a Comment