Friday, February 29, 2008

Baby Beluga

Kyla is nine months old. That's the length of an entire pregnancy. Crazy. She is so much fun, although her clinginess to me is getting a little old. She doesn't seem to really like Jeff anymore (if I'm around) and cries more now than she ever has. But she's still so cute. She has learned to clap and will do pat-a-cake, although I am yet to get it on film. Stay tuned for that one (I'm sure no one will die of anticipation). She can't hold still, which has gotten increasingly annoying when I am changing her diaper. Still has no teeth. Is starting to reject baby food in favor of real food. Climbed up three steps at church. Basically, she is just a big girl (19 lbs 4 oz, so not huge).
I think she was getting tired of the same old Bexley shots, and decided to get creative. This is her showing how strong she is.


She constantly gets mistaken for a boy, even when she's wearing pink. I have never been one for big bows, but I decided enough was enough. Now she will be sporting one of these when we go out of the house. Come on hair, grow!
This pic is to show how tiny her nose is. You can barely see it when looking at her profile. Being one who has never been too fond of my nose, I am enjoying looking at hers.

Finally, here are some goodies from Allie:

I told her I needed to try some shorts on while we were at Target. Wide eyed, she said, "But people will see your garments!"

After watching Dora: "Does Swiper have blood inside his body?"

And looking at my ceiling fan, "Does your fan have caterpillars inside?" I think we may have discovered the source of her nightmares...

Now that I type those, they don't seem as funny as when she actually said them. I guess you had to be there.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally laughed at Allie's comments. She needs to learn how to write and start her novel now! What an imagination!!!!!!

Heather said...

Shannon shares her pain on the bald front. I need to get some big bows for her too. Cute profile!

Tara Wayne Malakai Maddux Kenya Alofipo said...

oh kyla is sooo dang cute! and i love everything allie says she is too funny!

Lindsay said...

Oh I just LOVE that little Kyla! She keeps getting cuter and cuter! Allie and Damon too! Allie is a trip, I can't believe she said that to you at Target! That is too funny!

brit said...

What cute kids. Thanks for sharing!

Lara said...

OK, I don't see how anyone can mistake Kyla for a boy. She has very feminine features. People need to learn to say "Your baby" is very cute instead of using a He/She. I love your blog!!

Linds said...

ok i think i'm on the right blog! ha ha! but, your book blog is very interesting. :) krystal, you are the cutest writer! i just sat and read the last 3 or 4 posts. ah! husdson is 9 months and has been going through the same yucky virus! twice now since the new year started. what is your secret to getting Kyla to wear the mask? i actually started treatments again yesterday and hudson HATES it. its very sad to see them suffer. and getting no sleep is no fun, huh??! also, hudson is still only sitting up and rolling around! ha ha! he is taking his time! fine with me! i don't want to be chasing him yet. what are you feeding Kyla? anything she likes in particular? i need something new.. talk to you soon!
lindsie

Linds said...

oh my gosh! had to post one more comment cause after my last one i kept scrolling down and came upon the high school pics! ha ha! i love that you did that and wrote all about your love life leading up to jeff. so cute! have to say my favorite pic though is the one of paul. that one i laughed the hardest!

Anonymous said...

Sad enough for me, my daughter who is almost 2 only weighs a pound and a half more than Kyla. She is so skinny, I need to beef her up. Tell Ky to keep up the good work!

Christina Mangelson said...

Krystal I know how you feel. Lindsey has less hair than your baby girl and she is 14 months old. I have a picture where I am 2 yrs and 9 months old and I have as much hair as your daughter. Talk about depressing. :)

Greg and Tammy said...

OK. I just have to tell you that Rob came over on Saturday and we showed him the videos of the kids dancing and laughed for like 15 minutes straight. Thank you for bringing so much happiness to our otherwise drab Saturday evening!