Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Random Thoughts

Random thoughts that have been running through my head this past week:

1. While doing laundry this week, I folded 3 pair of Damon's underwear, 15 pair of Allie's. Is Damon bathing enough? When will Allie stop having accidents?

2. After being sick this weekend (more on that later), I commented to Jeff that I am not ready to be pregnant again. He responded by telling me that I have 3 1/2 years left. For what you might ask? That's the time he's giving me for having babies. After that, he's not putting out anymore. I'm still not ready to be pregnant, and I think 3 1/2 years is enough.

3. I guess I am weaning Kyla. I had hoped to nurse her until she was one, but my body has apparently decided now is the time. I woke up one morning after my trip and noticed that something looked different in the mirror. It turned out to be my chest, which is shrinking. Sad, but true. I'm going to still try to nurse in the morning and at night, but I may be done besides that.

4. Speaking of chests, my mom had a lump removed from her breast yesterday. Damon was praying for her Sunday night, and asked Heavenly Father to "bless Grandma's bump in her breast." We all thought that was rather humorous, and now Allie has started praying for Grandma's "bumpy breast." I'm sure she would be so thrilled.

5. I think Jeff and Allie may have escaped the flu bug that bit the rest of us. I left for Time Out for Women in Tallahassee Friday afternoon (amid tornado warnings!), just in time for Damon to throw up at school. Jeff picked him up, and he threw up three more times that night. I started feeling sick during dinner, and spent half of Sheri Dew's talk in the bathroom, trying not to throw up (great timing, huh?). I finally gave in about 1 am and threw up a few times after that. Kyla, who had started the whole thing by throwing up Wednesday, got diarrhea and wouldn't eat anything for Jeff. What a weekend for him to be stuck home with the kids! And what a daddy!

I think my dehydration contributed to my lack of milk, but it was totally worth it. I felt much better Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed the conference (more on THAT in a minute). When I got home Saturday night, the house was clean, the kids were happy and feeling better, and I was greeted with the biggest smile I have ever seen on Kyla's face.
6. Today after dropping the neighbor girl off after school and getting back into the van, I was nearly knocked over by the stench ("what is that stench? It's fantastic! Max, grab a bag. We'll come back for the rest. Of course when I say WE I mean YOU." Movie?). Upon questioning, I found that the stinky one was Kyla. Girl can pack a punch!
7. TOFW (which may have just as well stood as THROWIN' UP FLIPPIN' WEEKEND). We had a great time. I went with six other ladies and we all squeezed into one minivan for the 3 hour trip to Tallahassee. I'm so glad we all got to go together--we had such a good time. Conversation topics varied from how many girls our husbands kissed before us and what we would want to do if we knew we would never have kids to the health benefits of breast milk and "business socks." We set Lindsay's camera on the tv, turned the timer on, and proceeded to take lots and lots of pictures of ourselves, trying to get a good one. We all joked that was something only women would do. Thanks for the pics, Lindsay!

Night one, pre-puking. (Back-Daisy, Lindsay, April and me. Front, Mariah, Julie and Noel (my two SIL's that live here in Jax).
Day two, post-puke, inside the convention center. Noel, what are you standing on that makes you look SO tall?
At our lunch break, we called home to check on the hubbies and kids. Lindsay thought it was funny that we were all on the phone at once.
It really was an awesome weekend, but my favorites were Hilary Weeks, Sheri Dew (the part I heard) and Mary Ellen Edmunds. I came home feeling rejuvanated, with all kinds of goals to help me be a better wife and mother. All Jeff wanted to know what what I had told the other ladies about him. I couldn't of anything that he would be upset about, so he said it was a successful weekend, too. Love you all! Thanks for making it possible!

10 comments:

Becky Seymour said...

I am soooo sorry about your throwing up fiasco, but glad that you had a fun weeked none-the-less at time out for women. I love your random happenings! It reminds me of doing mine and Sam's laundry. I always have about 3 times as many things to wash as he does, it must be a girl thing! Although I am pregnant right now I am NOT looking forward to it again for a while, so I am with you on that one. I just don't like feeling like I am not my normal self. It is hard to explain. You are so good at updating your blog. Keep it up! How is your mom doing?

Anonymous said...

I think I just went with a bunch of SHORTIES--minus Mariah, of course.. I had fun too.. Next year, wanna go to the REAL DEAL with me?? We'll plan on it. Marriott Center here we come! (I'll give you your own bed just in case it's flu season again).

Dehner Family said...

It's from our favorite movie - The Grinch with Jim Carrey... What do I win?? The flu??

Britain said...

I am sad you were sick, but so glad you got to go to TOFW. I love when I get to go. Our was postponed till Sep. because of the passing of President Hinckley.

Heather said...

glad you went - sorry about the puke. 1 handed nursing typing

Lisha said...

What a great trip. Glad you could go and hear such uplifting speakers. I need to look into doing something along those lines. It sures sounds like it would be fun and refreshing.

Brian Adair Fam said...

I'm so glad you were able to go to TOFW, but so sad that you were sick through most of it!! Thanks for posting the pictures. It was good to see pics of April again, since I haven't seen her since she moved from OH. Isn't it wonderful to be able to leave for a weekend and be spiritually uplifted and rejuvenated? Love it!!

Patti said...

I wish I could have gone with you guys! But then you couldn't have fit in one van. I am glad you had fun!

Greg and Tammy said...

Well besides the puking... it looks like you guys had a BLAST and got a much deserved break! Go Jeff for being such a good sport and watching sick kids. Gotta love great husbands!

Faith W said...

Oh, Timeout for Women is so fun, and having the stomach flu is so NOT. Glad you are all feeling better! And Jeff gets big gold stars for that weekend!