I was on Facebook, looking through my posts on my profile for a recipe I thought was there, and thought it was very interesting to read my posts from January on. This is mostly for me, my life in a nutshell the last few months. Feel free to skip this entirely.
Jan.1
Buckeyes were awesome! I barely recognized Pryor out there!
Jan. 2
Someone dropped my iPhone and the screen is blank. No one is confessing. I may have to beat them all!
Jan. 11
is pottytraining. Against my will. My two year old keeps taking her diaper off and putting on undies.
Jan. 12
Starting to think about landscaping. What are some things you love? Firepit? Inground trampoline? Pergola? Waterfall? Sport court?
Jan. 18
Had an awesome weekend with the fam in St G for my beother's farewell. 9 more days until he goes into the MTC.Of course I meant brother. How did auto correct miss that one?
Jan. 19
Thinking about making some meals to freeze. Any suggestions?
Jan. 23
Round one of Kris vs Adam; which one do you like better, Live Like You're Dying or What Do You Want From Me?
Jan. 25
Damon (my 7 yr old) just got back from a four day trip to Disneyland with his cousin. I'm glad he had fun, but even more glad that he's home safe!
Jan. 29
After failing the non stress test, today became baby day! Epidural is in, pit is going, now we just wait. Yay!
Carter Edward Trapnell, born at 5:32 pm. 7 lbs. 1 oz, and everything went smoothly. Grandma made it about 5 minutes before he was born!
Feb. 2
My body thinks it's fun to make enough milk for four babies.
Feb. 5
Went bowling today with the family. Jeff-173, Damon-86, Allie/Kyla team-80, Carter-perfect 10 for not making a peep. Mom-not in bowling shape just yet!
Feb. 16
Didn't get much sleep last night. Both girls woke up wet. Feeling defeated and the day has just begun.
Feb. 18
Another day of sickness here at home. How much longer until Spring?
Feb. 19
In the hospital with Carter, probably looking at RSV. Poor baby, it breaks my heart to see him so miserable.
Feb. 20
Carter is doing better. He's breathing so much better (with a little help from the CPAP), and has gotten his fight back. Please keep praying for him, he's got a long way to go!
Carter is doing pretty good tonight. He has a lot more spunk and is mad about everything being done to him. Hopefully tomorrow we can start feeding him (through a tube).
Feb. 21
Carter had to be intubated early this morning. He just wore himself out doing all the breathing on his own. But he is doing well, with minimal support. Please keep praying for him! I know it's helping and we appreciate it so much!
Feb. 22
I am tired. It is a myth that you can sleep in a hospital.
Feb. 23
Carter is doing a little better today. Stable. Still more sick than I'd ever want him to be.
Feb. 25
Carter is off the ventilator!
Feb. 26
Carter is doing well off the vent. It is wonderful to hear his cry again, I just wish I wouldn't have heard it all night long! :)
March 1
Doing better today. I think the end may be in sight!
March 2
Taking Carter home. Finally.
March 3
Today, while mopping the floor, I pretended I was curling. Watch for me in 2014!
March 6
Carter doesn't want to be put down. Ever. I can't say I blame him after all he has been through.
March 8
Two loaves of banana bread are baking in the oven. Kyla comes in and tells me, "I take the bread out of the oven." I didn't believe her, until I saw one loaf of bread and an oven mitt on the table. AHHH!
March 10
What to make of this: Kyla comes into the family room (where I am holding the baby) with a steak knife and says, "I'm going to kill Carter!" Starved for love and attention?
March 12
Watching Honey I Shrunk the Kids with my boys. The girls are in St G with grandma for the night and Jeff is getting ready to cheer on the Cougs down in Las Vegas. Who will have the best time tonight?
1 comment:
I just caught up on about 2 months of posts on your blog. I'm so sad about everything Carter had to go through. I don't know how you survived on so little sleep because I would not have been able to do it. And Luke was like Carter-wanting to be held all day long, even while sleeping. He was always awake within 10 minutes of putting him down. Luke finally grew out of it but it took a long time. I know I was supposed to enjoy the moment but sometimes I just had things to do.
I like how you moved all your FB posts over here so you could remember them. I'm always in the market for some good freezer meals to be made.
Post a Comment